Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 PM

38 posts, read 59,843 times

Advertisements

Love that they have washer/dryers in the units!!! It is a lovely apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 07:16 PM

25 posts, read 43,353 times
Nice pics lcouncil! Thanks so much for posting them you've done a really nice job decorating. How's the feeling around the complex? Are the neighbors friendly? And how is security as far as entering with the "lobby attendant"? I want to move in already!!! Do any co-op purchasers have any updates? I've been trying to get info, but to no avail

Old 06-16-2012, 05:10 AM

317 posts, read 578,935 times
Im soooooooo jealous with the washer/dryers in the apts. I wish we could have them here at North Rose even if we had to buy them ourselves. I never liked using community washing machines. But o well! As yes management always tells new tenants that bc as was stated it requires putting holes in the walls. But hang up your pics and put some nice curtains in your windows it will give your apt a warmer feeling. If you do decide to leave at the end of your lease and you dot repair the hole they will deduct it from your security deposit. Good luck and congrats.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:21 AM

317 posts, read 578,935 times
Icouncil...... Scratch what I said. I dont blame you for wanting to follow the rules set forth by management. If I'm not mistaken you said this was you first apt so I dont fault you for wanting to be a great tenant therefore allowing you to maintain your home for you and your boys. But give it time. As more people move in and youu become more comfortable there you will feel better about making certain decisions with your home.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 AM

18 posts, read 31,991 times
So my car was broking into last night (i noticed it Friday morning), they took my gps and my car charger. Was a little pissed because they did it here while there is security and cameras. Talked to the security and property manager about it. They said there was not trained on how the cameras work so they going to learn how (too late for that they should of been trained before people moved in). Then this morning my wife tells me that they broke into someone else car this morning. This is crazy, I know this area has bad things happening, especially years ago. But i thought with security and cameras if can make it safer overall. I hope the person who got their car broken into files a police report as well so that they can see two days in a row somebody's car got broken into and the cops will look into it. It seems the security just sit there and press a button to let you in and that's it. I don't mean no disrespect to the security maybe it's just because it happen to my car and was hoping they would say something if they saw something. But I know if I say something to them or to the property manager about the security they gong to tell me they just watch the property that's all.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM

109 posts, read 205,885 times
Lcouncil thanks for the pics, your home looks beautiful and the furniture looks great! Best wishes on your new job.

Sorry about your car Nicobx, this actually isn't the first time I heard about a car being broke into in that area. My friend looks two blocks over on 156 st and told me they broke her car windows to only steal the car charger. Smh. Since the parking is not private I wouldn't expect that security do anything except call the cops. They certainly need to be more vigilant, it is petty crimes like the one you experienced which can lead to something more serious. I have had my side mirrors stolen before so know the feeling

Unfortunately I have heard nothing at all. The lack of communication is more frustrating than the waiting.

Enjoy the weather this weekend

Old 06-16-2012, 01:48 PM

109 posts, read 205,885 times
Lcouncil thanks for the pics, your home looks beautiful and the furniture looks great! Best wishes on your new job.

Sorry about your car Nicobx, this actually isn't the first time I heard about a car being broke into in that area. My friend looks two blocks over on 156 st and told me they broke her car windows to only steal the car charger. Smh. Since the parking is not private I wouldn't expect that security do anything except call the cops. They certainly need to be more vigilant, it is petty crimes like the one you experienced which can lead to something more serious. I have had my side mirrors stolen before so know the feeling

@nycsinger No, unfortunately no news. The lack of communication is more frustrating than the waiting.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:16 PM

18 posts, read 31,991 times
@JBronxite.... yeah I had that happen to me with my mirrors being stolen twice where I used to live, but the second time a person saw it and called the cops and followed the guy. Thanks to him I was able to get my mirrors back and they arrested the guy, which had a history record of doing that. so they said he was going to do 3 years for it cause he had a couple people mirrors in his bag. I wish the security was like that or even just patrol like go around the front or move from the desk and look around, not saying to look for people doing stuff. But at least if they see security moving around the front building, maybe they won't try to break into people cars.

Side note, they are dong alot of cleaning in front of the building today which is weird cause on the past couple weekends there is nothing being done. I wonder why?

Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM

95 posts, read 259,802 times
I was once a security guard at a the East River Houses (coops over by FDR-Delancey) and just want to add my two cents. These criminals are smart...building security is not going to deter them from doing what they want, only way security will deter crime from occurring is if it is on VV's grounds.

It's unacceptable that they do not know how to operate the cameras, those were quite simple and fun to work with. So I'm sorry that your car was broken into, the criminals in the area are well aware that VV has new tenants and that new cars will start parking in the area. I suggest finding a local parking lot and or not leaving anything in your car...including a cheap charger/clothing.

Unarmed guards are basically doormen with security uniforms, they can't even defend themselves if someone attacks them...basically run away if you can and call the police. It is helpful having a security guard in the building as they are supposed to do vertical stair case checks to see if people are loitering and enforce other ground rules.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:53 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,258,262 times
I can't predict the future. I'm not a clairvoyant nor a fortune teller, I don't have Tarot cards, a magic mushroom or a Shawnee medicine man pipe. But what I can do is focus on the empty white wall in my apartment and visualize. I see a quite clear picture now OMG! it's Via Verde 2022 A.D! There's a welfare single mother with an infant in her arms. The child is crying, the picture is getting blurry...Wait! I see another picture now, a parking garage, a young talented future NFL player, the smell of broken fragrance bottles is intoxicating my nostrils, loud voices, screaming and finally a machete...Seance over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery