Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 01:52 PM

68 posts, read 148,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
More seating for ppl to enjoy.. I also received some delicious apples from the apple trees yesterday.. Sweet!!!

AWESOME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshavok View Post
Finally my CLOSING date set for next Monday and I had my final walk thru Friday everything looks great. We even had the opp to pick fruits/vegs from the in the garden w/Jarod from GrowNYC (apples, swiss chard, arugula, basil, and cherry tomatos) ALL were delicious & cooked w/them this weekend MMM good. Looking forward to meeting the new neighbors and enjoying the various workshops in the community room.

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK to all. Have a wonderful day ~_~
GREAT!!! Happy for you. Look forward to seeing you there.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM

42 posts, read 81,028 times
Yes, congrats to all. We are patiently waiting for a closing date.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM

25 posts, read 43,407 times
So excited for everyone! I closed today & everything went smoothly. Of course the first thing I did once I had keys in hand was go over to my new digs I can't get over how absolutely beautiful the grounds are. And I love that the security guard who was monitoring the premises gave me the eye & then came up to me to make sure that I was a resident! I hope they continue to be this vigilant. Good luck to everyone!! I can't wait to meet my new neighbors!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsinger View Post
So excited for everyone! I closed today & everything went smoothly. Of course the first thing I did once I had keys in hand was go over to my new digs I can't get over how absolutely beautiful the grounds are. And I love that the security guard who was monitoring the premises gave me the eye & then came up to me to make sure that I was a resident! I hope they continue to be this vigilant. Good luck to everyone!! I can't wait to meet my new neighbors!!!
Congrats!!! See You Soon Neighbor....

Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 AM

48 posts, read 139,039 times
@NYCsinger CONGRATS!!! I know you are more than excited to have your keys, and I am happy to hear that about security I too hope/pray it remains. Happy Moving!!! Good day all

Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM

42 posts, read 81,028 times
@ NYCsinger.....I'm excited for you. That's Wonderful. See you soon!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM

4 posts, read 7,899 times
Congrats to you all, and anyone who attorney is Mr. Daly-Riveria he will defitently take his sweet TIME during the closing process just so he can bill you the extra $50, I have been so frustated with his LACK of communication during the process but when its time to collect money he's responsive and want to call you numerous times...I REGRET using him, he has NOT been a good at ALL but my fault for trying to have faith for trying to save a few $$...Mr Chan seem to be a better choice

Anyways my closing is ALL said and done and we moved in yesterday and I LOVVVVE my place and the development as a whole. GO VIA VERDE, good luck to all and CONGRAT homeowners

Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM

12 posts, read 25,067 times
Default Insurance

To the owners,

I moved in this weekend into my unit and got conflicting information. Are we suppose to purchase home owners insurance or renters insurance (renters because it is a coop and the property is already insured)? Or does anyone have the number of the management office so I can call and find out?

Thank you

Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredford View Post
To the owners,

I moved in this weekend into my unit and got conflicting information. Are we suppose to purchase home owners insurance or renters insurance (renters because it is a coop and the property is already insured)? Or does anyone have the number of the management office so I can call and find out?

Thank you
Congrats on your move in. The Condominium which is ALL of the Via Verde Properties , The Rental Units and the Community units have insurance that covers everything outside of your co-op. If you look in the Purchasers book you got it spells out that YOU are responsible for everything INSIDE your co-op once YOU move in and close the sale. So the answer is that if your furniture and walls, appliances or anything in your co-op is damaged. YOU are responsible and they donot have insurance that covers you. If i were you i would get Renters insurance for Co-ops to COVER any possible damage or lawsuits inside your co-op. It is not that expensive and is the smart thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery