Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 04:32 PM

23 posts, read 23,082 times

Advertisements

I just got approved!!! - but I have a few questions. When I had my interview she told me that I qualified for both studio and 1 bed. And I said, well Ill take the 1 bed instead. But apparently, it seems that they selected a studio instead of 1 bed. Do we get to pick? Will they show us all the units that that are available? Or how does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 05:45 PM

172 posts, read 151,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king019 View Post
5000's. But this building only had 5 units so I guess there aren't many applications to process.
How long have you been waiting?

Usually if there is only 5 units, or not enough apartments by the time they reach your number the units will be filled to those who came before you and you'll be placed on a waiting list.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:45 PM

17 posts, read 13,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
How long have you been waiting?

Usually if there is only 5 units, or not enough apartments by the time they reach your number the units will be filled to those who came before you and you'll be placed on a waiting list.
Waiting for what? I just had my documents submitted to HPD today. When they send applications to HPD do they send more than the units they have available?

Old 08-05-2019, 06:48 PM

172 posts, read 151,311 times
Quote:
Waiting for what? I just had my documents submitted to HPD today.
If they are 5 units and they interviewed alot of people, by the time they get to your number there may not be anymore apartments.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:20 PM

17 posts, read 13,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
If they are 5 units and they interviewed alot of people, by the time they get to your number there may not be anymore apartments.
I'm not understanding. Who's the "they" you're referring to?

Old 08-05-2019, 08:38 PM

23 posts, read 23,082 times
Quote:
I'm not understanding. Who's the "they" you're referring to?
They’re the management company. They process application in order of log #

Old 08-05-2019, 08:56 PM

204 posts, read 215,018 times
If the application was sent to HPD, there is an apartment available. Applications are only sent to HPD if there is an apartment due to the fact that the management company has to already have assigned an apartment to someone for HPD to approve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: