Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 02:54 PM

290 posts, read 277,801 times

Advertisements

Wow that is great info. We must all save, save save for when our turn comes. Heaven knows how much the purchase price will be then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 02:15 PM

22 posts, read 14,831 times
Hello all,

Today I got my keys and we’re moving in on Friday. We’re so excited! Every time i sit down to talk to David, I learn something new about the River Terrace co-op.

(1) Kamila Cooke DOES work there! (David introduced me to her today - this is my first time meeting her.)

(2) There are storage units in the building. (There is a waiting list for it.)

(3) Every apartment varies in price. the price is not only dependent on how many bedrooms you have, the price depends on whether you’re north facing or south facing, lower floors or higher floors, and rear facing or water view. For example, the higher the floor, the more expensive the unit. I guess the closer you get to the front of the line, the more David will explain.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:32 PM

269 posts, read 335,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caricha View Post
Hello all,

Today I got my keys and we’re moving in on Friday. We’re so excited! Every time i sit down to talk to David, I learn something new about the River Terrace co-op.

(1) Kamila Cooke DOES work there! (David introduced me to her today - this is my first time meeting her.)

(2) There are storage units in the building. (There is a waiting list for it.)

(3) Every apartment varies in price. the price is not only dependent on how many bedrooms you have, the price depends on whether you’re north facing or south facing, lower floors or higher floors, and rear facing or water view. For example, the higher the floor, the more expensive the unit. I guess the closer you get to the front of the line, the more David will explain.
Woo hoo!!! Congratulations and good luck for a smooth move on Friday. Thanks for sharing the info.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:11 AM

That is wonderful news and good luck with the move. Yes, thank you so much for sharing! Let us know how you like living at RT!

Old 10-26-2021, 12:59 PM

Just wondering. The numbers on the RT wait list haven't moved in a very long time. Does anyone know if there is any movement at all at RT?

Old 10-31-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village native View Post
Just wondering. The numbers on the RT wait list haven't moved in a very long time. Does anyone know if there is any movement at all at RT?
It does make one wonder...But I suspect all the folks who live there now want to stay as much as those of us on the list want to get in.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:57 AM

Sad but true! Happy Halloween everyone!

Old 11-04-2021, 06:26 PM

22 posts, read 14,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by village native View Post
Hi - It doesn’t move for weeks at a time, sometimes months. David shared with me before I moved in that the waitlist is long and unfortunately, people don’t move out unless they’ve passed or upgrading to a bigger apartment. I moved into a 2-bedroom. The tenants who lived here upgraded to a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom apartment. (The tenant who lived in their 3-bedroom co-op passed away.)

The neighborhood is extremely quite. There is 24 security. There’s a recycling bin and small garbage chute on every floor - this gets cleaned morning and night. The entire building is mopped daily. There are cameras in the front and back. Security is very serious about their job. There is a definitely an older community here. There are strict rules about noise. I have met the couple that was mentioned in the online article and they’re very friendly. I’ve met most people through doing laundry downstairs. Generally there is an older community that resides in this building. It is very nice living here.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:38 PM

I am glad you are enjoying your new apartment. Also envious! Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:17 PM

Nice to hear it's a safe, quiet place. Thanks for sharing and glad you like it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery