Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM

64 posts, read 62,102 times

Advertisements

Never heard of Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 08:21 AM

290 posts, read 275,777 times
She may have been replaced. Many MLs shuffle their Property Managers around on a regular basis. Does anyone know if Kamilah Cook is still there? She was Kathy's assistant.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:49 AM

22 posts, read 14,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by village native View Post
Does anyone know if Kathy Foote is still the building manager at RT? Kamilah Cook was her assistant manager but I never spoke to anyone named David. Personnel changes frequently at ML developments so there may be new people in charge.
David is the Building Manager at RT. I initially submitted my application to David (in 2014) and he provided the tour of the lobby apartment back in October 2020. I know there is an assistant manager and (if I'm not mistaken) her name might be Kamilah.

What year did Kathy Foote process your application?

Last edited by caricha; 01-31-2021 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-31-2021, 12:59 PM

It was 2015

Old 01-31-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
It was 2015
Never heard of her even then. If you have any questions I suggest you call/speak with David.

Just another little note: His assistant seems to give incorrect information, so I would try to call back if you aren’t able to reach David the first few times. I’ve called to ask about the pet policy and she stated that there was a strict NO PET POLICY. (We were sad about the thought of not being able to bring our cats.) When I spoke to David, he stated that there was a strict NO DOG POLICY. When I asked about the waiting list number, The assistant told me to refer to the website. When I spoke to David, he offers the most up-to-date waiting list number.

Old 01-31-2021, 04:03 PM

Thank you so much for that update Caricha. Strange that a Kathy Foote signed our application letter. Oh well! I am glad that David is so responsive. A nice change from some of the Managers one encounters. Glad about your kitties. I love them myself.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:17 AM

Recently spoke with David a week ago and thought I’d share. There are income limits for the River Terrace co-op. I don’t recall exact numbers precisely but Mitchel Lama has a general income limit according to your family size and qualifying bedrooms. There is another income limit for River Terrace you must also meet. I don’t recall exactly but one was about $110,000 and the other limit was $133,000. Going beyond changes your monthly maintenance fee. Right now the general maintenance fee is not more than $900, but if your income exceeds either limits, your maintenance fee will increase.

Not sure what happens when you exceed the limit while living in a Mitchel Lama. Curious to know if anyone here knows and whether they request your income yearly while living in the co-op.

Just thought this was interesting information.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:04 AM

269 posts, read 334,952 times
Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-11-2021, 04:58 PM

Yes, I recently spoke to David as well. Unfortunately the one bedroom wait list isn't moving at all. I received a letter from Ms. Cook, his assistant, informing me that there was a 5 year wait. I have already waited five years so that is wildly inaccurate.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, I recently spoke to David as well. Unfortunately the one bedroom wait list isn't moving at all. I received a letter from Ms. Cook, his assistant, informing me that there was a 5 year wait. I have already waited five years so that is wildly inaccurate.
I did notice that the 1-bedroom hasn’t had much movement. I mean, imagine paying $900/month with no utilities. It’d be hard to move out from a unicorn co-op. From my understanding, 3-bedrooms are given to residents whose families have grown within the co-op, and so they have first priority. The 2-bedroom seems to have the most movement (which is what we’ve been waiting for).

I have waited 7 years (this January 2021) and I’m not in just yet (sadly). Apparently David said I’m now at the top of the list (which I was kinda surprised by) so I should be called in a couple of MONTHS. The wait is exhausting and frustrating but I guess once one is in, it would have been worth the wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery