Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 10:28 PM

483 posts, read 692,708 times

Advertisements

^^That's what I did; I figure they knew to look out for our stuff, and you can sort of see what it is through the envelope. On the description letter (longer piece of paper), the letterhead also says "General Manager Brendan Keany", if you were feeling super paranoid you could put it to his attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:50 AM

154 posts, read 289,588 times
I just mailed in our form/check/passport pic for the 2-bedroom. Retirement plan activated, woohoo! Can't wait to use the ceramics studio in my 70's.

Here's a hypothetical question…let's say 15 years go by before you get off the waiting list, and in that time you've purchased an apartment or house somewhere on planet earth. Would that disqualify you from buying at Penn South?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:12 PM

483 posts, read 692,708 times
I bet if you own they count 2% of the value as "assets" and put it in your income calculation, at least that seems to be the norm for government housing programs. That said, it'd have to be some kind of residence for 2% of value to disqualify you. You might or might not have to sell your other home, I forget the rules, but ultimately the biggest problem seems that the hypothetical "you", might need the $$ tied up in that other apartment/house, in order to be able to afford the Penn South buy-in in the first place.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:09 PM

154 posts, read 289,588 times
Thanks for the reply. That's great info to have. 2% isn't too much $$, I would think. It sounds like you could own something that isn't spectacularly expensive and still qualify if that is the case. And you're right, the $$ could be hard to scrape together with another property in play. Good thing to keep in mind.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:43 PM

17 posts, read 34,067 times
I got an application for the 1 bedroom, If I am putting my daughter on the application, does she also need to sign the application on the back or only the primary applicant (me) has to sign it?
Good luck to all! Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Old 10-03-2014, 11:20 AM

11 posts, read 26,513 times
2014 Lottery...I received an application and sent it in...it was received, my check was cashed...when and how do I find out my position on the waiting list? I applied for a 1 BR with balcony.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:38 PM

14 posts, read 42,850 times
Asking for a $50 Money Order without passing the eligibility test is a huge money maker for this bldg. Please report if you do not get in for any reason other than credit (I'm assuming the money order is used to run a credit report) and your $50 fee is not returned.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 PM

17 posts, read 34,067 times
My $50 check was cashed by Penn South lotto, does anyone know how to find out your place on the waiting list?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 11,585 times
My check was cashed and I'd now like to log in to see where I am on the wait list. You're asked for a "computer number" as well as your zip code. Does anyone know what the computer number is? It's not my lottery number - I entered that in, and got a "Your name was not found on any waiting list." Is this something they will email me?

Old 10-11-2014, 07:13 AM

430 posts, read 508,275 times
We got an application for a 2BR. We're planning on a little bundle of joy within the next year (knock on wood). Does anyone know what's the deal if one doesn't the exact family composition at this point of the process. Are they just doing credit checks or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery