Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 05:06 AM

15 posts, read 19,404 times

Advertisements

Regarding the amenities, I'm not sure if there is a family discount available. I believe it's in proportion to the residents of the unit (like more people living in, the more you'd have to pay).

The amenities are (of course) optional. During lease signing you would have to put a checkmark on those amenities you want or not, and I was told that can be added down the line, but once you decide to use something you'll be committing to pay that monthly for the rest of the lease duration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 07:59 AM

233 posts, read 404,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDANIEL View Post
If its a brand new listing... Does this mean that all entries list of 2014 had been called OR the new 2019 entries will be added to the existing waiting list of 2014?
The 2019 lottery winners will be added to the 2014 list, which also includes numbers from as far back as 1998 ( on the studio list anyway.) When you win and are assigned a number, you can check your number online. But, as we have seen over the past 5 years, your computer number is not an indication as to when you'll be called. I am still in the 100s on the studio waitlist, but I was called back in May to look at apartments.

It really depends on the apartment size you're waiting for. I noticed on the Penn South website that they have added the caveat that some of the balcony apartments rarely become available. Remember, once you're in, you can transfer to another apartment after 3 years as long as you meet the occupancy number requirement. As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the apartments that I looked at was occupied by a 2014 lottery winner who was transferring to a one bedroom with balcony.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:08 AM

233 posts, read 404,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Awesome! Thank you! Are the studios large enough for a couple? Is the layout just a square or is it l-shaped, etc.?
The studios that I looked at had a basic square as the main room. I think others can answer as to how they have fared as a couple, but there is a separate kitchen and hallway with a small dressing area.

There is a youtube video that shows an empty studio, which is the same line but different floor (E) that I looked at in May. The guy goes through the whole apartment and narrates what you're looking at. Go to youtube and search for Penn South. Also, the Penn South website has the floor plans for every single apartment in the complex. Some of the studios are different than the ones that I saw.

hkcg

Old 06-24-2019, 09:20 AM

46 posts, read 44,988 times
Thank you pepper.

Has anyone else heard from BG regarding compliance (internal or HPD)?

I’m going on 2 weeks since I turned in the last document requested.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:52 PM

59 posts, read 57,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdale22 View Post
Which Central Harlem lottery are you guy referring to as there are a few?
There's multiple buildings under that lottery its called "Central Harlem"

Old 06-24-2019, 01:53 PM

20 posts, read 21,083 times
I attended the interview too. After interview, I faxed them some additional documents they request .

Old 06-24-2019, 02:06 PM

Same here, still haven't heard anything back.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiii55 View Post
I attended the interview too. After interview, I faxed them some additional documents they request .
Have you heard anything back ?

Old 06-26-2019, 06:09 PM

172 posts, read 152,028 times
Hello

My log number is 3##

I've attended the interview in May 2015. Sent them my verification of income a week after that (since it was the MOST annoying document to retrieve)

Then in Mid June I was contacted to send additional documents to them. And then I came in to sign what is called TIC (tenant income certification). This allows HPD to review your tax returns, W2 forms and income and also run a background check and credit check.

My file was assigned a unit number but the lady didn't disclose that with me.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:56 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,788,627 times
Default Cadman Towers is opening up its waitlist

The lottery is on the Mitchell-Lama site now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery