Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 03:39 PM

172 posts, read 152,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorebellaa View Post
Exactly, hopefully we don't have to resubmit anything because that is a pain. I would suggest to keep 6 updated copies handy just in case.
smh might as well but I will defintely keep those handy in case I need to fax those in

But I heard that they are waiting for HPD to give them the green light to send those in so it's HPD's fault
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 03:51 PM

59 posts, read 57,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
smh might as well but I will defintely keep those handy in case I need to fax those in

But I heard that they are waiting for HPD to give them the green light to send those in so it's HPD's fault
Now with the upcoming holiday it will be held back, I just hope this processes fast. I wonder if these buildings are ready to move in.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:53 PM

172 posts, read 152,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorebellaa View Post
Now with the upcoming holiday it will be held back, I just hope this processes fast. I wonder if these buildings are ready to move in.
yeah it does suck that this is the process

I'm not in a hurry to move but it would be nice to move in before Labor Day I have things to plan for

Old 07-02-2019, 07:48 PM

46 posts, read 44,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBM57 View Post
Thank you for the information! You said you had a log number of 3xx. Did you have CB or municipal preferences?

Trying to figure out how they are calling out.

I have 8xx and haven’t received an email or a call. How did they reach out to you. I get a lot of calls on the cell that allow it to go to voicemail but don’t want to miss a chance either.

Hey,

I do not have CB preference - general pop here.
Regarding contact. When you created your housing connect profile you had the option of noting contact preference (Email or phone call). I chose email b/c I rarely answer unsolicited phone calls (enough about me haha).

I'd say log back onto housing connect - look at your application for this building and check to see if you had email or phone call as your preference.

Last edited by DrManhattan1900; 07-02-2019 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 07-02-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninoninola View Post
Hello,
Congratulations on your success! Do you have any preference category? I am waiting to be called for an interview since March, Log #4xx, so I am trying to figure out how soon I ll be callEd. I have yes preference category.
Thanks

Hi Nino,

So the way this works is that preferences (CB, municipal, disability etc.) are handled before general population. I am a general pop 3xx - to reiterate all of the preferences have been taken care of.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd say don't bank on them to reach out.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 PM

So for those who have been following this thread let me share my updates....

3 weeks ago I submitted the last of my paperwork for internal (Breaking Ground) review.

Last week my caseworker reached out because she heard back from compliance -they required some other variables to be clarified before moving forward. I won't bore ya'll with all the details, but she did give me a deadline - this upcoming Friday, July 5th

So, this morning (July 2nd) I turned in the last of the requested paperwork. My caseworker has been a gem to say the least, very informative- I'm guessing because I have not bothered her at all throughout this process.

Anyway. I'm taking a shot in the dark and assuming that my file (along with the others whom need further corrections) will be resubmitted to internal compliance this week and hopefully we'll have an okay from Breaking Ground within the next 2 calendar weeks.

LISTEN THIS PROCESS IS A DRAIN WE ALL GET IT, BUT IF YOU AREN'T BUILT FOR IT DON'T BOTHER.

WE GOT THIS!!! Gotta stay positive.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:59 PM

14 posts, read 17,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrManhattan1900 View Post
Hey,

I do not have CB preference - general pop here.
Regarding contact. When you created your housing connect profile you had the option of noting contact preference (Email or phone call). I chose email b/c I rarely answer unsolicited phone calls (enough about me haha).

I'd say log back onto housing connect - look at your application for this building and check to see if you had email or phone call as your preference.
Thanks for the reply, it was helpful.

I checked and on application specified email. I’ll keep checking it! Hopefully they make it to my number one day! Lol!

Congratulations on making it this far! Hope it all works out!

Old 07-03-2019, 08:45 AM

59 posts, read 57,104 times
Quote:

I'm not in a hurry to move but it would be nice to move in before Labor Day I have things to plan for
If you guys don't mind sharing any updates on this lottery would be appreciated. Wish you guys the best of luck and fingers crossed to hear from them soon

Old 07-03-2019, 09:36 AM

53 posts, read 36,864 times
Default Has any one heard from them yet?

has anyone heard from them past signing the documents

Old 07-03-2019, 09:59 AM

53 posts, read 36,864 times
Quote:

Agree, I was hoping that by august we would have at least the signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery