Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 12:06 PM

15 posts, read 26,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
Thanks for the response elee610.
Oh, so maybe that's why. I don't remember putting in a preference but all the studios I viewed so far had a balcony. In fact, the last one had a balcony so big it was listed as "Terrace" in the letter and counted as half a room, lol.

Will keep everybody posted
you said you received your 2nd letter in OCT. when was did you receive your first letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 PM

14 posts, read 43,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc2222 View Post
Are most people on this thread going for the 40%, 60%, or 130% AMI?
I'm going for the 60% AMI

Old 02-04-2019, 01:05 PM

37 posts, read 57,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
you said you received your 2nd letter in OCT. when was did you receive your first letter?
In September.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:53 PM

58 posts, read 109,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
1,3xx but no CB preference. Anyone think I've got a good shot??
I think you have a pretty good shot. Once they are finished with CB preference they will move on to general. Even though I have CB preference if all the cb slots get filled i will be processed as general and my log # is 30k! Crossing my fingers that there arent that many CB!

Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
It's anyone's guess really, but I was selected and finally accepted to another BG lottery. I was originally interviewed in December 2016 and ultimately signed a lease in August 2017. I had a really low lottery number with CB preference and it still took that long.

What size unit are you going for -- studio, one bedroom, two bedroom ?

Going for a 1 bedroom

Old 02-05-2019, 12:34 PM

36 posts, read 86,586 times
For those interested : the bld just got its certificate of occupancy, hence the delay in application processing

Certificate Type: Temporary
Effective Date: 02/01/2019
Expiration Date: 05/02/2019

Old 02-06-2019, 04:12 AM

26 posts, read 62,968 times
Hey, just updating everyone. So, my log is in the low 1000’s, I have both CB and municipal preference. Trying for a two bedroom for myself and my 2 boys. So, far so good. My paperwork is being pushed through for compliance review. This is my first time going through process. I trying to remain positive that I’m still in the running. Lol. But in reality, I have no idea what this means. Can anyone lend any insight as to what happens next? Thanks everyone and best of luck for everyone going through this. It’s completely nerve racking!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Hey, just updating everyone. So, my log is in the low 1000’s, I have both CB and municipal preference. Trying for a two bedroom for myself and my 2 boys. So, far so good. My paperwork is being pushed through for compliance review. This is my first time going through process. I trying to remain positive that I’m still in the running. Lol. But in reality, I have no idea what this means. Can anyone lend any insight as to what happens next? Thanks everyone and best of luck for everyone going through this. It’s completely nerve racking!

Wow, that essentially means they are sending your application for a last review before being sent to HPD. From what Ive read. That was fast!! Please update us when its sent to HPD and lease signing! =) I've only just had my interview but there are still so many people ahead of me so may take much longer for mine to process.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:42 AM

36 posts, read 86,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Do you qualify for 60% or 130% AMI ?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:25 PM

22 posts, read 35,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
An update: We weren't offered either of the apartments we viewed when we were fifth in line. They were both on high floors. We just got another letter to view one on a very low floor that said we were 9th in line, so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway I am trying to freeze myself on the list for a couple of years (kid entering middle school, not the right time to move because I can't time it with being in a good public school before December) but wanted to keep the list updated. We've been looking at 2-bedroom apartments in Penn South for about six months now (and have said yes to all of them but been offered none), so it doesn't always move quickly. Good luck, list folks!

Did you have to submit your tax transcript when you are viewing the apts? Did they tell you what is the max income limit for 2-bedrooms? what is your number on the waiting list? within 20?
What if you got to see an apt and your income is higher than 150% of the max limit? If you are not offered due to income, can you still put urself on hold? Do you know how many ppl in the internal 2-bedroom waiting list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery