Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM

40 posts, read 76,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckyMoCi View Post
Anyone know how often they update the wait list status on https://www.pennsouth.coop/waiting-l...plicants.html? Just checked today and still says "Last Waitlist Update: 11/01/2018"

it's supposed to be quarterly but the last time they updated it before last November was February. So the answer is, whenever they feel like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 11,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminalex View Post
it's supposed to be quarterly but the last time they updated it before last November was February. So the answer is, whenever they feel like it?

Thanks for the reply, right now I'm on 30+ as an external applicant but there are 150+ internal applicants in front of me, does it mean my actual number is 200+ (counting the 'on hold' people)? Lol

Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM

12 posts, read 18,241 times
Does anyone know anything about the sibling policy (or if there is one) at Penn South? If i have two kids and they are opposite sex (4 year girl and 14 year boy), can they share the same bedroom? And my wife is the step-mom of the 14 year old boy (if that matters...)

I'm on the 2 bedroom waitlist ... just a little paranoid and want to be on the safe side when the time comes.

I googled NYC laws and there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on siblings sharing room unless maybe adopted/child services/safety issues, etc?

Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 PM

27 posts, read 45,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon007 View Post
I googled NYC laws and there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on siblings sharing room unless maybe adopted/child services/safety issues, etc?
I wish I knew about the HPD Marketing Handbook before I had my processing appointment. It is so valuable!

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

I think family composition is in section 4-4 Applicant Evaluation and Resident Selection

Hope this helps!

Last edited by RxGold; 02-22-2019 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-23-2019, 04:37 PM

4 posts, read 9,827 times
Hi , Hello40Kitty my Congratulations))) could you tell me did you bring new some documents like paystub and etc. to the second interview?

Old 02-25-2019, 03:56 AM

26 posts, read 62,995 times
Hi and thank you! @RuMD Are you referring to when I signed the paperwork for HPD? At that point I can’t really consider it an interview. But, no, I didn’t bring in anything else. Just signed a lot of papers. I was assigned my unit. I took that time as an opportunity to ask as many questions as possible.

Where are you at so far in the process? Any preferences? Best of luck!

Old 02-25-2019, 02:51 PM

10 posts, read 13,589 times
is there a way to change my address on housing connect as I just realized that my new address in the same CB for 222 E44? Any insight would be greatly appreciated or os it not worth changing the address. My log is 70,xxx. probably a pipe dream... thanks in advance

Old 02-25-2019, 03:11 PM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
To get community preference, you have to live within the community board at the time of application and processing. So you missed the application part of it.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 02-26-2019, 05:23 AM

233 posts, read 403,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckyMoCi View Post
Thanks for the reply, right now I'm on 30+ as an external applicant but there are 150+ internal applicants in front of me, does it mean my actual number is 200+ (counting the 'on hold' people)? Lol
Hi CheckyMoCi,

First , regarding the waitlist updates, Aminalex nailed it: whenever they feel like it. The updates have been as few as 2 months apart and as much as 8 months apart. No rhyme or reason.

Which list are you on? I'm curious to see which list has 150 internal aplicants.

Thanks!

hkcg

Old 02-26-2019, 06:46 AM

4 posts, read 7,387 times
Do you guys know if they are doing Community Board preference yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery