Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 AM

15 posts, read 26,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
Wow, lots of updates since I last checked in.

I still can't figure out how it works. I received a second letter to view studios back in Oct and I was no. 12th on the list. I accepted both apartments I saw but I received a letter in Nov telling me both studios were taken. One of the the studios I viewed had a HUGE balcony and the price was 16K more. Anyway, I haven't received any more letter after that. But judging from the threads here, no. 16th got a letter to view two studios in Dec...so does it mean I was skipped? I hope I didn't miss any letters....just called the management office and I was told to send an email. I also misplaced my computer no. so let's hope I will get a response soon :'(

Good luck everyone!
what is your preference? was it for balcony only? i am for either balcony or none. and the two studios i viewed had no balconies when i got my letter in dec.

keep us updated with what happened. i am curious as well..

good luck to you too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 09:23 AM

1,411 posts, read 2,064,133 times
They are still calling people, I was just emailed an invite for an interview, my log # was 16,xxx, no preference. It is very tempting because that building looks fantastic but the 120% studio is almost $150 over my monthly max as far as rent, even though I am near the top of the bracket, so I think I am going to have to pass. Looks like another apartment in Brooklyn is going to come through for me anyway.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM

37 posts, read 58,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
what is your preference? was it for balcony only? i am for either balcony or none. and the two studios i viewed had no balconies when i got my letter in dec.

keep us updated with what happened. i am curious as well..

good luck to you too

Thanks for the response elee610.
Oh, so maybe that's why. I don't remember putting in a preference but all the studios I viewed so far had a balcony. In fact, the last one had a balcony so big it was listed as "Terrace" in the letter and counted as half a room, lol.

Will keep everybody posted

Old 02-02-2019, 05:38 PM

36 posts, read 86,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esolross View Post
What is your log # for this building? Mine is fairly low, but I still haven’t been contacted for an interview.
Hi,

What is ur log # ?

Old 02-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
Still hoping but I'm afraid by the time I get called in (if I get called in) I will no longer qualify based on income. I'm trying to stay positive though. Hope you're hanging in there too.
Hey Lynn13,

I see that they have started contacted the CB preference.
Hopefully they will get to us soon.
Do you have any news ?

Best of luck

Old 02-02-2019, 10:32 PM

14 posts, read 43,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizou972 View Post
Hey Lynn13,

I see that they have started contacted the CB preference.
Hopefully they will get to us soon.
Do you have any news ?

Best of luck
No news yet. Still a long way to 13xx so we'll see. Good luck to you too!

Old 02-02-2019, 10:45 PM

58 posts, read 109,940 times
I was just called for an interview for this building! i have cb with log in 30xxx. I'm curious how long the process will be from interview to lease signing. Anyone have experience with this?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
No news yet. Still a long way to 13xx so we'll see. Good luck to you too!
Hey Lynn,

I don't think so.
They are already calling 30,000 log # with CB pref, so we will be called pretty soon

Best of luck !
Let's keep in touch as soon as we get contacted.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:12 AM

79 posts, read 94,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jani9001 View Post
I was just called for an interview for this building! i have cb with log in 30xxx. I'm curious how long the process will be from interview to lease signing. Anyone have experience with this?
It's anyone's guess really, but I was selected and finally accepted to another BG lottery. I was originally interviewed in December 2016 and ultimately signed a lease in August 2017. I had a really low lottery number with CB preference and it still took that long.

What size unit are you going for -- studio, one bedroom, two bedroom ?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:23 AM

115 posts, read 139,590 times
Are most people on this thread going for the 40%, 60%, or 130% AMI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery