Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 09:41 AM

21 posts, read 29,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Snoopy22 answered your questions, but I'd add that you should consider signing up for USPS's informed delivery service. They send you an email every day (or whenever mail is coming) with a scanned picture of each piece of mail. If you see one from Penn South, you'd know that you were about to get a letter from them.

There are other possible benefits as well: https://lifehacker.com/sign-your-add...ore-1830389625
Thank you, that is a great tip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 09:47 PM

7 posts, read 9,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astoldby View Post
My file was sent to the city some time last week. I guess its just a waiting game now. My log is a lil bit lower than yours. Do you have CB preference? When I went in to sign off on my docs before the file was sent they said they had stopped interviewing for awhile cause its taking really long to get the COO.

I have a feeling we will know approval status by/before Christmas. The building was supposed to have been ready/done by last January.
I am a municipal employee so that should help. How do you know your application was submitted to the city?

Old 12-03-2018, 05:56 AM

128 posts, read 228,122 times
The letter states you must call within a week to set up an appointment to view the apartments. I wouldn't worry about being away as long as you can call and tell them that. Truly, they are pretty reasonable and accommodating.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:26 PM

7 posts, read 8,047 times
Hey-- do you mind sharing what your Log number was?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilant0500 View Post
I moved in around August. Nice building! Any questions message me!
Hey, do you mind sharing what your log number was?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Hey! I recently got picked for an interview also. Do you mind sharing your log number?

Old 12-03-2018, 06:14 PM

12 posts, read 16,162 times
3xxx. What's yours

Old 12-03-2018, 06:52 PM

21 posts, read 29,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
The letter states you must call within a week to set up an appointment to view the apartments. I wouldn't worry about being away as long as you can call and tell them that. Truly, they are pretty reasonable and accommodating.
Thank you for your reassurance!

Old 12-03-2018, 08:17 PM

127 posts, read 217,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaDaniels View Post
I am a municipal employee so that should help. How do you know your application was submitted to the city?
They told me it was. I had to go sign some release docs a few weeks ago, stating all info in my file was accurate. After signing those docs they said my file would be sent to the city. I have been through this process before so I know it takes about 2 weeks or so before they give approval.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:59 AM

433 posts, read 518,473 times
update-
we did not get any of the apartments we saw. not really shocking considering we were 20-something choice on the list.
but what was interesting is that they sent a letter letting us know we didn't get the apartments; i haven't heard anyone else here mention receiving the "better luck next time" a letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery