Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 AM

233 posts, read 403,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
hello,

first time poster but long time follower of this thread. so around xmas time, i got a letter to view 2 studios and it said on the letter i was 16th in line for it. i probably didnt get it but on the site it says there was 188 people ahead of me. weird thing is when i count the people behind me im 16th in line. how is that possible.. i hope they didnt make a mistake or anything.

also what is the income limit for a studio? its been 5 years since we applied and got waitlisted. i am hoping i still qualify.
Hi elee610,

That's great news about the apartments! And yes, there are only 16 people behind you on the waitlist - and I'm one of them, so thanks for posting this - , but I think that it is just a coincidence that you're 16th in line for the apartments. From what I've read over the last 5 years on this thread, they send more letters than there are apartments. Many people may not be interested, can't afford it, moved away, or for whatever reason that they won't be moving into PS.

I think the income limit is 4 times the carrying charges, but there is also a 50% leeway and you pay a little more. Take a look at the FAQ for Waitlisters on the PS website. They explain it better than me, but they also determine the income at the time of purchase.

Good luck!

hkcg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 07:43 AM

15 posts, read 26,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi elee610,

That's great news about the apartments! And yes, there are only 16 people behind you on the waitlist - and I'm one of them, so thanks for posting this - , but I think that it is just a coincidence that you're 16th in line for the apartments. From what I've read over the last 5 years on this thread, they send more letters than there are apartments. Many people may not be interested, can't afford it, moved away, or for whatever reason that they won't be moving into PS.

I think the income limit is 4 times the carrying charges, but there is also a 50% leeway and you pay a little more. Take a look at the FAQ for Waitlisters on the PS website. They explain it better than me, but they also determine the income at the time of purchase.

Good luck!

hkcg
thanks! did you get a call to view apts around christmas time as well? if not i hope it is soon for you too. i find it so weird that it says 188 people ahead of me on the external waitlist on their site but i am 16.. and only 16 people behind me. it might mean there will be a new wait list opening soon hopefully.

its been 4 weeks since i viewed the apts. i am pretty sure i didnt get it but i am hoping the list moves fast and we both get a new letter soon.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:23 PM

233 posts, read 403,304 times
I have not gotten a letter yet, but based on the fact that you have gotten one, I hope to get one in the next 6 months. And I think about 90 people on the waitlist are from 1978-1998. That basically cuts the list in half. Also, if 14 people turn down the 2 apartments that you viewed, then they should be making you an offer.

What did you think of the aortments when you saw them?

Let us know if you gat another letter or if they offer you an apartment!

Hkcg

Old 01-23-2019, 02:21 PM

15 posts, read 26,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
I have not gotten a letter yet, but based on the fact that you have gotten one, I hope to get one in the next 6 months. And I think about 90 people on the waitlist are from 1978-1998. That basically cuts the list in half. Also, if 14 people turn down the 2 apartments that you viewed, then they should be making you an offer.

What did you think of the aortments when you saw them?

Let us know if you gat another letter or if they offer you an apartment!

Hkcg
one apartment had alot of windows but the layout was a bit weird. i believe the previous owner cut out an additional doorway to the kitchen/dining area. the other had only 2 windows but the layout was nicer. both were fairly small but you cannot complain because of the price and location. it would be perfect for one person but no more than 2. the buildings are really well kept and the laundry room is like a huge laundromat. i would take either apartments of course. what number are you on the list?

i hope they send me another letter soon as well. hoping they just keep coming one after the another.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 PM

26 posts, read 62,960 times
Hey everyone! First time I’m posting but, I read the threads quite often and I find it very useful. Just wanted to add my 2 cents regarding the 222 44th st lottery. Last week I was contacted for an interview. First time EVER! Super excited but also aware not to give my hopes up. Anyway, I submitted everything, with the exception of blood samples and my soul, to breaking ground. I suppose it’s a waiting game now...ugh. A bit worried about my credit situation tho. Apparently they’re not supposed to go solely on credit score alone. I have supporting docs to confirm that I’ve paid my debt and also in 2 debt repayment plans. So I’m handling my debt and can prove I’m responsible. Anyone have any insite as to what might happen next?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:18 PM

207 posts, read 355,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Hey everyone! First time I’m posting but, I read the threads quite often and I find it very useful. Just wanted to add my 2 cents regarding the 222 44th st lottery. Last week I was contacted for an interview. First time EVER! Super excited but also aware not to give my hopes up. Anyway, I submitted everything, with the exception of blood samples and my soul, to breaking ground. I suppose it’s a waiting game now...ugh. A bit worried about my credit situation tho. Apparently they’re not supposed to go solely on credit score alone. I have supporting docs to confirm that I’ve paid my debt and also in 2 debt repayment plans. So I’m handling my debt and can prove I’m responsible. Anyone have any insite as to what might happen next?

Hey !
Are you part of a preference group? (Community Board, municipal employee etc?)

Breaking ground will now begin verifying your information (employment, residency, credit etc ..) and you should be hearing back with them either asking for more documents, approval or rejection.
That can be in a week from now or in 1-2 months.... they can be super slow!

As long as you're on time with your credit payments and debt to income isn't too high , you should be fine !

Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Hey what was your Log number ???😊

Old 01-23-2019, 08:11 PM

83 posts, read 235,791 times
my log number is 15,XXX...

Old 01-23-2019, 09:16 PM

83 posts, read 235,791 times
i hate the way they construct the kitchens...theyre basically plopped against the wall...no kitchen islands especially in a luxury building like this is a huge annoyance to me...but who am i to complain?

Old 01-24-2019, 07:05 AM

128 posts, read 227,518 times
about a week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery