Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 05:19 AM

67 posts, read 115,940 times

Advertisements

Yes I was qualify and I signed so many things and I went to interview, and I went to orientation, I saw the unit. Everything. And than they stop people
Move in. Than they contacted me. They were saying there is new law. And first lottery was canceled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 07:40 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilita View Post
Yes I was qualify and I signed so many things and I went to interview, and I went to orientation, I saw the unit. Everything. And than they stop people
Move in. Than they contacted me. They were saying there is new law. And first lottery was canceled.
Uh, what?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 AM

195 posts, read 429,883 times
Quote:
What did HPD tell you when you contacted them? What new law? They can't just say there is new law... I would find out if I was still in the process.. Because there are guidelines to follow... You went through the whole process to be ignored at the end... No rejection letter, no wait list? Something is missing here...

Old 10-05-2017, 09:07 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoman818 View Post
... No rejection letter, no wait list? Something is missing here...
I'll say...

Old 10-05-2017, 07:14 PM

people who apply first time, they all were in waiting list. nobody moved in. but they said, everyone gonna get different unit...not the old unit they showed us.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:44 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoman818 View Post
no rejection letter, no wait list? Something is missing here...

+1

Old 10-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
they all were in waiting list. nobody moved in. but they said, everyone gonna get different unit...not the old unit they showed us.
You got a letter saying you are in 'wait list" "who is saying what?" Get paper.. trail... not "they say" remember they ask you for many documents to prove your qualification... They don't take your word for anything. There are guidelines to follow.. Not "he say, she say." Find out what is going to happen based on the letter they sent you. If you did not get anything then ask to speak to someone at HPD..or the management company. Sounds like many individuals are in the same position as you, I wonder if others have complained?

Last edited by latinoman818; 10-06-2017 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 03:37 PM

I asked many people they say, if you didn't sign up lease they can do anything... or chance it.. I done all process and paper work. It was just missing sign the lease. And developer and city has lawsuit. And mess up everything

Old 10-06-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I asked many people they say, if you didn't sign up lease they can do anything... or chance it.. I done all process and paper work. It was just missing sign the lease. And developer and city has lawsuit. And mess up everything
If the first phase was a "mess" then what makes the 100k people who will be applying think that they even have a chance with a development company that is been sued? Are you part of the lawsuit? who is suing? I am not lawyer, but definitely know that there are guidelines to follow in order to keep the "fairness" of the apartment lotteries of following the guidelines. As others have mentioned in other apartment forums, "Nothing is ever certain, until you sign the lease and are given the keys to move in."

I read website about the developer suing HPD, I wonder if that has been taken cared of, since they went on to phase two, but what does this mean with phase one people?

https://therealdeal.com/2016/11/10/m...s-421a-status/

Last edited by latinoman818; 10-06-2017 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 05:02 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
You need to read the original thread and ohlalalas posts to find out what truly happened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery