Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:01 PM

24 posts, read 51,897 times

Advertisements

Hi,
A lot of people have commented that they have called the management office. Would anyone have that number? When I google Penn South I don't find any phone numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I haven't checked the list for a very long time as my number was in the 400's (for a 2 bedroom) and the list was moving so slowly, but now reading this thread about how everyone jumped a lot on this list and it seems the list is not working right now so I can't check it, I am panicked that maybe I moved way up and somehow missed a letter or call. Is the list not working for others?

Thanks!
Rebecca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 06:20 AM

128 posts, read 227,475 times
The phone number is at the top of all correspondence from PennSouth regarding your wait list number. The waiting list inquiry hasn't been working for more then a week now. Maybe there working on it.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks Mrs Peel! I also want to put my status on hold as I believe you did. I am so worried that I will be dropped to the bottom of the list if I do. Have you spoken to anyone at Penn South about that? Did you just send them a letter? Did they confirm they were putting you on hold? Thanks so much for your feedback!

Rebecca

Old 05-06-2017, 06:10 AM

128 posts, read 227,475 times
You will not be dropped to the bottom. You will remain with your list number and as the numbers move up so will yours. When you are ready to come off hold, you notify them via letter and you will be re-activated. If they have passed your number while you were on hold, then you will be at the top of the list. You must send a letter to the office requesting to go on hold, I suggest doing it with a certified letter, and yes they do confirm that you are on hold with a letter. Also, when you check your status online(when its working) it tells you that your application is on hold.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM

12 posts, read 18,206 times
Hi, does anyone know if layouts below are considered "balcony" too even though it does not have the word "balcony" on it? Just wanted to confirm...

https://www.pennsouth.coop/Secure/Pr...ngle_typ_c.pdf

https://www.pennsouth.coop/Secure/Pr...ngle_typ_j.pdf

Old 05-10-2017, 03:04 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,265,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon007 View Post
Hi, does anyone know if layouts below are considered "balcony" too even though it does not have the word "balcony" on it? Just wanted to confirm...

https://www.pennsouth.coop/Secure/Pr...ngle_typ_c.pdf

https://www.pennsouth.coop/Secure/Pr...ngle_typ_j.pdf
Both of these appear to have a balcony off the living room. My own apartment has a balcony and it is also indicated in this manner.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:19 AM

12 posts, read 18,206 times
Thanks. Do you know if the "balcony preference" wait is really much longer? There seems to be a good ratio of balconies. Although there are probably some internal residents waiting for balconies or the more desirable ones as well.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:33 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,265,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon007 View Post
Thanks. Do you know if the "balcony preference" wait is really much longer? There seems to be a good ratio of balconies. Although there are probably some internal residents waiting for balconies or the more desirable ones as well.
I can only speculate, because since I was on the list many years ago the manner in which those lists are managed has changed a great deal. I do know that many people don't want balconies because having one increases the purchase price of the apartment. I will say that a balcony that is oriented so that the long side is the entrance (adjacent to the wall) causes a design change that makes that entire wall/sliding door glass--which alone is a nice thing to have. An apartment where the short side of the balcony is the entrance--or no balcony -- means you get a second standard living room window which is smaller.

Apartments with balconies at Penn South are common enough that I don't think it's a factor that should affect your wait time.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:22 PM

154 posts, read 287,337 times
Has anyone reached out to the PS office about the website? It's still got weird coding issues that appear when one tries to check one's number.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
Has anyone reached out to the PS office about the website? It's still got weird coding issues that appear when one tries to check one's number.
I have reached out to them twice--the receptionist told me they are working on it but he didn't know when it would be fixed.

Best,
Rebecca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery