Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 02:59 PM

36 posts, read 86,642 times

Advertisements

hi all,

any news ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 12:37 PM

14 posts, read 43,374 times
No news.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 PM

17 posts, read 28,555 times
Does anyone know what is the process if we want to paint the apartment a different color?

Old 12-20-2018, 02:55 PM

32,029 posts, read 27,221,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
I don't think a family member also, but a husband/wife or kids if their primary resident has been there for 2 years can get it.

But does anyone know what would happen if the shareholder passes away and no kids or husband/wife ? Who would get the equity money of the apartment? Would the family member like bro/sis get it?

If deceased left a last will and testament *all* assets including the apartment would be dispersed according to those wishes. OTOH if person dies intestate then the state will appoint an executor who divides up assets according to law.

You can see how things roll here: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/n...york-city.html

With a co-op thing to remember is that while one can inherit that asset, the board does not have to approve the "sale" or whatever.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:11 PM

12 posts, read 16,125 times
Has anybody been contacted recently after the eligibility interview?

If so, how long after the first interview they contacted applicants for apartment showcase or orientation?

And has anybody been informed that they are in the waiting list?
Thanks

Old 12-20-2018, 08:36 PM

430 posts, read 510,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
If deceased left a last will and testament *all* assets including the apartment would be dispersed according to those wishes. OTOH if person dies intestate then the state will appoint an executor who divides up assets according to law.

You can see how things roll here: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/n...york-city.html

With a co-op thing to remember is that while one can inherit that asset, the board does not have to approve the "sale" or whatever.
the above is true for most coops, but the agreement between NYC and Penn South explicitly states "The right to occupancy under the occupancy agreement may not be bequeathed to relatives or others"

Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 AM

128 posts, read 227,755 times
If you're painting yourself, no problem. If you're using professional painters, they have to be insured and you have to notify the office that they will be working in the building and on what day(s).

Old 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM

17 posts, read 28,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
If you're painting yourself, no problem. If you're using professional painters, they have to be insured and you have to notify the office that they will be working in the building and on what day(s).
Ok great!! They are strict so I thought we weren't allowed to paint cuz they have this lead free paint inspection before we moved in. I thought it had to be a certain protocol. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:23 PM

21 posts, read 29,157 times
An update from me which might give a little hope to those anxiously waiting for an update on the online waiting list. I received a letter in early December to come in and see 4 1 BR/no balcony apts. My online number is in the 180s, but the letter stated that I'm in the 30s! I don't think I'll get any of the apts, but it's nice to know that I'll likely have one in a year's time! I did ask about being away when receiving a letter to come in and view apts, and the woman at the front desk said I should send or drop off a letter before I go away letting them know how long I would be away. If they are trying to reach me to offer an apartment, they would email me.

Like a lot of people, I was surprised at how quick the turnaround time to view an apartment is. The letter states that one has to call and view the apts one week from the postmark date. Despite living in NYC, I received the letter on a Thursday, and it was sent on a Monday. They only show the apts Mon-Fri 9 am - 2 pm.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:22 PM

8 posts, read 12,869 times
Hello everyone, happy holiday!

Anyone here on (or was on) the 1 bed with balcony wait-list? I'm currently on the 40s choice; just wondering how long that translates into wait-time in terms of months or years?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery