Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 06:42 PM

19 posts, read 15,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
Anyone else move in yet?
Hey I signed my lease and would be moving in soon! So excited did you do self move in or had movers ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 06:43 PM

19 posts, read 15,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityYorkHeels View Post
Hi--

New to this thread. Just got called back for an interview this week. No pref. Log number 4XX. I am extremely interested in this apartment building especially since i've been eyeing it since i applied a while back.. anyway. Does anyone who lives there know how many units are avaible? I got called back for a 1bedroom.

I am also worried because my income will change in december which will obvi help me but right now my income doesnt fall in the bracket. Any advice?

Thanks,
I believe they will count what you will be making as long as there’s proof that you will be getting a raise of some sort, my bracket changed because of a raise and some other stuff. Good luck !

Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 PM

69 posts, read 101,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessme312 View Post
Hey I signed my lease and would be moving in soon! So excited did you do self move in or had movers ?

Yaaaayyyy....congrats. I was so stressed about moving in. I have things in 2 storage units in different boroughs. The movers are actually gonna move my things in 2weeks. I'm starting from scratch with all new furniture. Congrats on signing your lease!!!! Yayyyy!!!

Old 10-30-2019, 04:15 AM

10 posts, read 8,278 times
When your bracket changed did it put you over the income or you still fit the income bracket? I work in media so it’s really weird. Just gonna pray it works out!

Old 10-30-2019, 04:48 AM

10 posts, read 8,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessme312 View Post
Hey Blessme! How long did the whole process for you take?!

Old 10-30-2019, 06:26 AM

128 posts, read 228,138 times
Sure. T McCafrey T McGovern Electrical Contracting 718-325-7330. They are licensed and insured and they know these buildings very well. BTW the maintenance dept is very helpful in offering references. There's a bulletin board in there with those that do side work as well as professional, licensed contractors.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 AM

18 posts, read 18,061 times
Any updates from anyone?

Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 AM

91 posts, read 93,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medina07 View Post
my log number is under 10 and i have not received a call back yet for 420 kent ave.
I do not live in the community board however i am hoping with such a low log number they will still have available units.

I had a log number of 8 one time with lots of apartments available with a CB and disability preference. Your number is only important IF it is randomly selected. It is only then that your number makes a difference. A low number doesn't mean it will be randomly selected. Truly a lottery with the luck of the draw

Old 10-30-2019, 09:38 AM

133 posts, read 137,920 times
lol thats not true .... your log number is random n they go in order of the random log number ... might want to check your spam folder

Old 10-30-2019, 10:13 AM

15 posts, read 21,803 times
FYI to anyone on the 2014 list who had asked for a balcony on your application. I received a letter from Penn South the other day which said that they are no longer allowing external applicants to be on the balcony list. They said that I have to resubmit my application, which includes having it notarized, and mail it back to them by November 19. If they don't receive it by then, the letter says I'll be removed from the list and my deposit will be returned.

They also included a form that I could fill out to be removed from the list, which I'm not planning to do.

If anyone asked for balcony and hasn't received this letter, you may want to get in touch with Penn South right away so you don't lose your place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery