Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 01:18 PM

25 posts, read 38,796 times

Advertisements

Has anyone received a letter confirming they received your application? Will they send one? Tracking says delivered but want to make sure they have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 01:43 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,691,580 times
If I recall from the many other ML's I've gotten on the lists for, I don't believe they give you a letter with confirmation. Make sure you have copies of your tracking, your filled out application, money orders, etc.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:54 PM

69 posts, read 101,060 times
Hi
Thank you Blessme312

Awesome that you viewed your apartment! That's progress!

Yes, they want pro-rated rent,1 month rent, and a security deposit.

Amenities will also be charged prorated and one month.
121.50 for 4-6 floor amenities
45.00 for the Summit (Top Floor) amenities

Your electric bill is additional (submetered) they will add that on to the rent.

If you want a parking space, bike storage, regular storage, those are all additional.

Hopefully they call you this week. Are they done with municipal?

Hope you sign your lease soon!

Old 10-13-2019, 09:08 PM

430 posts, read 508,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukieHudson View Post
I have a theoretical question... I have read all 121 pages of the 2014 Lottery forum, and it appears that all correspondence (at least until you become a cooperator) is done via snail mail. I cannot imagine how much this costs PennSouth. Does anyone know if you can specify (perhaps at application time) that you prefer email correspondence? I realize that in 2014, they might not have either had the will or the desire or the capacity to do this - but I sure would prefer to get all my letters via email - so much quicker!
in 2014, they didn't ask you to specify what your communication preference. From my experience, it seems like they prefer snail mail. someone posted an email for i think application at pennsouth.coop; i sent a question and they never answered. But i mailed the same question via snail mail and got an answer like 2-3 months later.

Even when you call, they usually tell you to write a letter.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:45 PM

39 posts, read 66,940 times
So I had an Interview the begin of the month gave in all my documents plus signed verification sheets...dont know what's next!!?? My log number is 4## no preference was told at the appointment that I'm financially eligible for a 2 br so now i guess it's the waiting game...anybody else in the same situation

Old 10-14-2019, 09:43 AM

132 posts, read 220,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
in 2014, they didn't ask you to specify what your communication preference. From my experience, it seems like they prefer snail mail. someone posted an email for i think application at pennsouth.coop; i sent a question and they never answered. But i mailed the same question via snail mail and got an answer like 2-3 months later.

Even when you call, they usually tell you to write a letter.
I got in via the 2014 lottery, and was notified of apartment viewings via snail mail and the fact that one was available via email.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:49 AM

132 posts, read 220,342 times
Default Mortgages

Can any residents who financed or refinanced with a lender other than PSFCU please share the contact info (an individual if possible) for that lender? I applied through Amalgamated Bank's website, and the person assigned to me said they don't do mortgages for PS, contrary to what others on this thread (and the PS board) have said. If Amalgamated or other institutions have a special arrangement with PS I can see how not everyone there might know about it. Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post any names publicly. Thanks!

Old 10-14-2019, 10:47 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Can any residents who financed or refinanced with a lender other than PSFCU please share the contact info (an individual if possible) for that lender? I applied through Amalgamated Bank's website, and the person assigned to me said they don't do mortgages for PS, contrary to what others on this thread (and the PS board) have said. If Amalgamated or other institutions have a special arrangement with PS I can see how not everyone there might know about it. Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post any names publicly. Thanks!
This was posted on the Cadman Towers thread. I don't know if this will help you, since Penn South is not technically a Mitchell-Lama, but it's worth looking into. You can borrow up to $30,000, plus it's interest free!

https://hfls.org/loan-programs/housing/

Last edited by macnyc2003; 10-14-2019 at 11:17 AM..

Old 10-14-2019, 10:59 AM

14 posts, read 19,847 times
I just received an e-mail stating that there are no more units available for my household size that I could qualify for. My household size is 3, and I was aiming for a two or three bedroom at the 80% AMI. My log number is is 21XX. I also had municipal preference. The only available units for my household size are two bedrooms at the 165% AMI, which I do no qualify for based on my income. Best of luck to everyone.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM

25 posts, read 38,796 times
Anyone know how many people applied to this lottery? I heard penn south had over 20K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery