Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 AM

233 posts, read 403,575 times

Advertisements

Thanks, waiting4chelsea2! I think the December wait list was posted on Dec. 16th, so I'll wait until March 16th before I contact the mgmt. office. Meanwhile, I'l keep checking compulsively, even though my number is very high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 01:13 PM

11 posts, read 26,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi,

As others have suggested, I think you should contact the mgmt. office. I think they may be in the process of updating the wait list numbers because yesterday I tried to get my waiting list status and the page on the Penn South website was down. This morning I tried again and it says that I am not on the waiting list. I'm hoping it's just because they are updating the list, so I won't panic yet. If anyone checks their status online, please let me know if you see the same thing.

Thanks!
hkgc
waiting4chelsea2

The Penn South website was down for 3-4 weeks in Feb. Now it's back up but evidently they haven't been able to get the wait list back on properly. I too got the message that I'm not on the waiting list. But we all have our letters and that's the most important thing...we have our letters with our original position on the Waiting List as of a specific date--mine was as of December 16, 2014. That letter said they update the Wait List quarterly. If they have to re-enter all the data due to the website problems they had, then who knows when we will be able to access our position via at website wait list. Let's hope they were able to save that data and don't have to re-enter it.

Last edited by SoontobePS; 03-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-09-2015, 08:51 PM

This is the message I got today 3/9 at 10:49 pm when trying to access the website. It was from GoDaddy

[LEFT]This site is temporarily unavailable.
Its data and content are 100% secure. Please check back soon.
If you own this site, please call customer support at
(480) 505-8877.
[/LEFT]

Old 03-10-2015, 06:31 AM

All is well this morning...the Waiting List is back up on the Penn South Website! It's the same as 12/16/2015...it hasn't been updated. At least the data was not lost. Now we wait.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:48 PM

Oh boy! www.pennsouth.coop could be accessed this morning. Now when I try to go to the website it says that I need a username and password to access the website. Has anyone else gotten this response?

Old 03-14-2015, 05:18 AM

233 posts, read 403,575 times
I tried yesterday and was able to get my waitlist number, which is the same as it was in December, so it has not been updated. However, just like you SoontobePS, I tried to get on the website this morning and it requires a user name and password. I think they are trying to update it and running into glitches. I have not seen this requirement before this morning.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:12 PM

64 posts, read 176,876 times
Yeah, the website came back up but now it seems like it is under construction or something (I too am getting the message asking for the login and password). Hopefully this means they are in the process of updating the list! Tomorrow marks a full quarter since the last update, but I am not holding my breath for an update, or any sort of movement if there is an update!

Old 03-17-2015, 03:57 AM

13 posts, read 22,366 times
Can anyone who just got selected for the apartment tell me what is asked of you by management of Penn South to verify your residency?

What kind of documentation did they request of you?

Did you ask you for the last ten years of your tax returns?

Old 03-18-2015, 11:00 AM

154 posts, read 289,089 times
They updated the list, y'all. I've moved up 9 places to 520. So...rounding up to ten places per quarter, it appears it will take us around 13 years to get up to the top of the list for 2-bedrooms. If a bunch of people are disqualified, maybe it'll be closer to ten years. Not complaining, but it certainly feels very far away.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM

64 posts, read 176,876 times
the studio list is moving a little faster. I moved up a about 35 places. so if it consistently moves at that rate per quarter, where I am on the list should take me a little over 3 years to get called. not as fast as I hoped for the studio list, but still enough time to get what I need to get in order, in case the stars actually align and I eventually get called for a place.

If you do not have kids I think the way to go when applying for MLs is to go for the studio list. at least you know the internal list for studios is going to be small to non existent. from there you can always get on an internal list to size up once you're eventually in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery