Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2019, 12:03 PM

515 posts, read 530,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afern21 View Post
Yes it’s for this lottery I sent over all my documents to Malky brown which is the owner/project manager and tried speaking with Nadia in regards to my paperwork. All they have said is to wait as they have a lot of paperwork.
Just keep on top of it. Reach out every couple of weeks to find the status of the appeal. You can always contact HPD and ask them how long the marketing agent has to process the appeal because I know you have 10days or so to submit but it doesn’t say how long for them to make a decision.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 12:21 PM

155 posts, read 187,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Just a Q from a curious outsider (well, I was born at Beth Israel Hosp so think of myself as a NY’er). So, if you are selected, do you get enough notice to be able to end your active lease where you presently live in order to avoid penalties? Or is your Landlord required to allow you to break your lease for this situation?
It depends on the landlord and who they are. You can simply tell them you have an unavoidable situation that’s forcing you to move. “White lie” parents are in need of their child. Something like that. Usually most landlords are lenient if you have a couple months left like 2-3. The big question is the deposit if you put in one.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:21 PM

51 posts, read 55,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Will do.. hopefully I can get a good view too. What a great thanksgiving. Happy turkey day to all of you.
Happy thanksgiving!!

Old 11-28-2019, 04:23 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,000,002 times
Most who win an apartment after coming this this form hardly come back because of the constant BS on this forum. They already got what they wanted so why come back to see the constant bickering about stuff..

Old 11-29-2019, 06:03 AM

726 posts, read 829,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Went to my appointment this morning. It was just as everyone here described, go in, sign in, wait to be called have your papers scanned and then be sent on your way.
I was told I’d hear in 6-8weeks if I had any questions at all I could email them. They will email me if they need any other paperwork but the girl who took my paperwork said she marked it as everything submitted.

I asked her what the chances that I’ll actually get offered something and she said 70%.
There were quite a good amount of people there. Most if not everyone that was there today was for 420 kent. Lowest number I saw while I was there was 1xxx and highest was 16xxx.
actually there were alot of ppl there for other lotteries i asked.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:13 AM

4,807 posts, read 6,663,585 times
Shady, that’s a great number! But are you on the studio list or the one-bedroom list? Did you get that resolved?

Old 11-29-2019, 06:34 AM

450 posts, read 477,654 times
Welp! Looks like another year and no ML bites. 12 years and counting...

Old 11-29-2019, 07:00 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,701,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Shady, that’s a great number! But are you on the studio list or the one-bedroom list? Did you get that resolved?

Well, funny you should say that...

I checked my e-mail again this morning and I got one for a one bedroom too. So, I got called for the studio and the one bedroom list. I honestly cannot believe this luck, especially because I am still salty about not getting on the list for Big Six in Queens.

For a studio, my number is 7X
For a one bedroom, my number is 12X.

If you got an email and the email body says "studio," plus your number is followed by an "S" that means it's a studio (even though the portal says one bedroom). The one bedroom numbers are followed by "N."

I'm going for the one bedroom. But I already put in for the studio so before I do anything I have to call to see if they can remove my name from the studio list.

Last edited by shadypinesma; 11-29-2019 at 07:23 AM..

Old 11-29-2019, 07:26 AM

4,807 posts, read 6,663,585 times
Oh, wow!!! Too bad you were so efficient and put in for the studio! LOL But I bet Penn South will let you switch. Wasn’t there confusion to begin with though? That must have been a mistake on their part.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:35 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,701,146 times
I sure hope so! That would suck if I couldn't, but I would never complain. A studio is absolutely better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery