Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 10:33 PM

40 posts, read 60,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG88 View Post
Hi everyone can a 7 year old charge off on my credit report cause me to not get approved for the apartment. I have an interview coming soon and I’m afraid this might hurt me. My credit report is in great shape now. Upper 600 almost 700 but this charge off is from a joint account it’s a large amount. I was secondary loan holder.
They don't check credit anymore and your credit will not disqualify you as long as you don't have any landlord issues. So this should be your least concern. I got approved for a unit and they never even bother checking my credit and its horrible lol
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 01:15 PM

94 posts, read 106,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan2 View Post
Hello everyone! So my file was sent to HPD on 01/02/2020 and I’m still waiting. I was wondering if anyone has recently had a file sent (like the ending of 2019 or this year) and what was their experience like. I’ve seen threads from a few years back, and I actually went through this in 2017 and was waitlisted, but here we are again. The waiting is eating me alive
My file was sent on Thurs Dec 12 and I was notified by Monday Dec 16 that I was approved, so mine was super fast. I was definitely surprised.

Have you emailed or called your agent? Maybe they got word already and just haven't reached out.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:57 PM

188 posts, read 178,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoNYC23 View Post
My file was sent on Thurs Dec 12 and I was notified by Monday Dec 16 that I was approved, so mine was super fast. I was definitely surprised.

Have you emailed or called your agent? Maybe they got word already and just haven't reached out.
Oh wow! That’s great!!!! I have been calling and no one answers sigh

Thanks for the response

Old 01-16-2020, 07:33 PM

46 posts, read 63,048 times
My file was sent to HPD near thanksgiving and it took
8 weeks to get approved. Hang in there!!!

Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,502 times
Hello,

I got called in for an interview for 1520 Story Avenue (Story Avenue West) in October 2019. I was told they are in the processing stages and they haven't gotten to my log number (4,xxx). Does anyone know how this process works?

Old 03-30-2020, 11:14 PM

29 posts, read 42,005 times
Hello everyone. Has anyone been denied because of zelle transactions? Wow I just had to explain every single zelle transaction.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 AM

92 posts, read 232,770 times
Don’t worry that’s normal procedure they just want an explanation of where it came from just be honest and get it notarized if they ask for it to be..not every company requires one.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:44 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG88 View Post
Hello everyone. Has anyone been denied because of zelle transactions? Wow I just had to explain every single zelle transaction.
The only problem would be if the Zelle payments are for work that you've performed. Let's say you have a dog walking business on the side, or if your parents send you money every month to help pay your rent. The total amount would be added to any other income you received. Then you would be at risk for getting pushed out of the bracket and then denied.

This is why I suggest that anyone who is applying for these lotteries to simplify your banking. Don't accept payments from people that will show up on your statements. I know it's easier said than done these days, but it's good to try.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 03-31-2020 at 09:56 AM..

Old 03-31-2020, 02:40 PM

3,134 posts, read 2,728,507 times
That's good advice. And if you do have to, make sure to keep good records of what they're for. (True) details will feel more plausible to the reviewer. "For dinner 6/30 @ Per Se" reads better than "Friend paying me back."

Old 04-03-2020, 12:06 PM

29 posts, read 42,005 times
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your response. My file has now went from my leasing manager to compliance. Do y’all know how long that takes about? I know timelines are different for all, But man my anxiety is through the roof. Sheesh they’ve asked me about everything in my entire financial history life. I’m just wait for the credit report question to come about that’s when I’ll finish dying. Lol. But **** it’s hard to get into these lottery apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery