Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 04:15 AM

132 posts, read 253,849 times

Advertisements

This new system sucks. You don't know what lottery people's comments are about. This forum is on it's way to becoming one huge unwieldy mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 04:55 AM

19,103 posts, read 14,078,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxgirl6 View Post
This new system sucks. You don't know what lottery people's comments are about. This forum is on it's way to becoming one huge unwieldy mess.
If you don’t know what a poster’s question is referring to, that is solely due to the content of the post.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-10-2019, 05:00 AM

132 posts, read 253,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If you don’t know what a poster’s question is referring to, that is solely due to the content of the post.
There's a lot I could say Airborneguy but I'll hold my tongue for the sake of civility.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxgirl6 View Post
There's a lot I could say Airborneguy but I'll hold my tongue for the sake of civility.
Well I respect your civility and thank you for it, but not a single poster has made a better suggestion for me to consider. I cannot be clear enough: we are not going back to the old system. I have discussed this with the moderation team and all agree after having reviewed our forum. Allowing one topic to clog up a forum does not work. As far as the admins, I am attempting to discuss a subforum with them, but that may not work out.

So give me suggestions that will work or start figuring out how to design the content of your posts here to make each question clear. It is certainly doable.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-10-2019, 07:30 AM

69 posts, read 101,176 times
I was looking for a specific housing lottery discussion that I applied to. I've made contacts on that group and it has been helpful for all of us. I won the lottery and signed my lease 6wks ago and wanted to help others who had questions. I don't understand why they took down the forum???

Old 12-10-2019, 07:48 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,080,371 times
Quote:
Thank you Airborneguy. As a long time member of this forum, I do feel the quality of the forum declined because of all these housing lottery threads. New members sign up for the sole purpose of just posting in these kinds of threads, not adding anything of value or substance to the rest of the forum. Nobody wants to come here and see only lottery threads on the front page. People, I get it. I know housing in NYC is expensive, heck I won a lottery apartment a few years ago as well. However, when I was going through the process, I didn't waste my time asking redundant and annoying questions over and over again on forums. Let the process happen. Let things develop. Y'all so damn impatient.

There's more to NYC than BS housing lotteries.

Again you have my support Airborneguy, thanks.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
I was looking for a specific housing lottery discussion that I applied to. I've made contacts on that group and it has been helpful for all of us. I won the lottery and signed my lease 6wks ago and wanted to help others who had questions. I don't understand why they took down the forum???
They are all in this thread.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:10 AM

36 posts, read 37,416 times
1530 story avenue apartment!! Has anyone moved in yet?

Old 12-10-2019, 08:30 AM

4,799 posts, read 6,643,927 times
Quote:
Well I respect your civility and thank you for it, but not a single poster has made a better suggestion for me to consider. I cannot be clear enough: we are not going back to the old system. I have discussed this with the moderation team and all agree after having reviewed our forum. Allowing one topic to clog up a forum does not work. As far as the admins, I am attempting to discuss a subforum with them, but that may not work out.

So give me suggestions that will work or start figuring out how to design the content of your posts here to make each question clear. It is certainly doable.
The City Data Retirement forum has a link to a Health Insurance and Medicare forum. The link is very plain to see when in a list format, and the link also appears at the top of the Retirement forum. I don't know if this is considered a subforum or a separate forum, but I think that this arrangement would work very nicely for us.

It would be easy to find and self-explanatory for those looking to read and post about housing, and very easy for people to ignore if they choose to.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement

Old 12-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The City Data Retirement forum has a link to a Health Insurance and Medicare forum. The link is very plain to see when in a list format, and the link also appears at the top of the Retirement forum. I don't know if this is considered a subforum or a separate forum, but I think that this arrangement would work very nicely for us.

It would be easy to find and self-explanatory for those looking to read and post about housing, and very easy for people to ignore if they choose to.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement
That is exactly what I am attempting to work out with the admins. I'm hoping that this time around they see that this topic generates enough activity to warrant it's own subforum either here in NYC or in the Real Estate forum.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery