Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 PM

14 posts, read 18,699 times

Advertisements

Hi HKCG: Thank you for checking in with this thread even though you've moved in! I just joined this forum a week ago after finding out that my name was picked. I read all 130 some pages the day I joined and felt like I went on a ride with many of the 2014 winners, especially you! You shared so much helpful information and support for others. I was so happy when I read the message that you had finally gotten an apartment! I hope you're enjoying your new home, and that it's as good as you had imagined it to be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 09:34 PM

19 posts, read 15,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
Hi. They didn't. I wish they were more clear with all of the utilities, amenities etc. At lease signing, I thought the amenities were one charge per household. As I am seeing my statement, I think they charge per household member. So on my Dec statement I have a pro-rated amenity charge for an additional person (my son) and a charge for Dec which is higher than what they told me it would be.

They never made it clear how much amenities were PER PERSON. So I think I'm being charged an additional $90 for my son.

It's OK, again, I just wish they were more clear.

As for electric....I'm still waiting. I think I'm going to call or either visit the management office.
Hi , yes things are very unclear I just added the amenities I hope there’s no surprise for my next month statement. They are charging more then 121.50 per month? When I added the amenities the management office told me there will be no charge for my son being that he is small.

As for electric I’m going to visit the office tomorrow to find out more information

Old 12-06-2019, 07:03 AM

36 posts, read 37,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franshiny21 View Post
I am non CB preference and my log number was 31.
I'm sorry I meant to say they told me they were still on preference. There jumping all over the place. Loosing some of my documents asking for new ones to be faxed over. Idk what's going on but they are killing me! The leasing agent told me I should be signing my lease in a week after seeing the apartment but we didn't get approved by hdc yet so I'm confused. They didn't even send it to HDC yet!

Old 12-06-2019, 08:07 AM

5 posts, read 3,344 times
Exclamation NYCHA priority w1 questions

Hey everyone, I was on the NYCHA waiting list for two years when I was called for an a interview on 10/31/19. The next day my online status was changed to elegible, a week later I received a letter in the mail asking me to pick a development. I picked one in Brooklyn and was certified as of 11/8/19. This all happened way faster than I imagined but now it’s going on a month since and I was wondering if anybody has any estimate as to how long it should take for me to be called to view an apartment? I was selected for a one bedroom but I’m afraid I’ll be on the waiting list for years and years before they call me

Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 AM

1,046 posts, read 471,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBrooklyn View Post
Hi HKCG: Thank you for checking in with this thread even though you've moved in! I just joined this forum a week ago after finding out that my name was picked. I read all 130 some pages the day I joined and felt like I went on a ride with many of the 2014 winners, especially you! You shared so much helpful information and support for others. I was so happy when I read the message that you had finally gotten an apartment! I hope you're enjoying your new home, and that it's as good as you had imagined it to be!
Ditto to this. Thanks for all you've done for the community HKCG and congrats on finally closing on the apartment.

Was the closing stressful?

I've never bought real estate before so I have no idea what to expect when the time comes.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:53 AM

8 posts, read 8,177 times
hello everyone in this forum. i have not been a commenter but i have been a avid reader!. my process started in august and yesterday finally made it to viewing the apartment assigned to me. its been a stressful few months but i complied with every request. i cannot complain the manager that has handled my file has been helpful and our communication thru email has been great. i viewed my assigned apt yesterday and was sad to find out it was a 1 bedroom. i have a lil boy and under the income guidelines i qualify for a 2 bedroom, but i was told that they ran out of the 2 bedrooms and couldnt accomodate me at the moment with a 2 bedroom. the apt was beautiful but it is smaller than my current place like alot smaller. i appreciated the offer but i just couldnt accept it so i declined it so someone else can be blessed with it. i am faithful and know that god will bless me with a place i can call my permanent home for my son and i. btw the commute was great and it was not bad at all took 6 train to hunts point then 5 bus and it was great. many blessings to everyone else.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:21 AM

132 posts, read 220,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Ditto to this. Thanks for all you've done for the community HKCG and congrats on finally closing on the apartment.

Was the closing stressful?

I've never bought real estate before so I have no idea what to expect when the time comes.
Hi Trisky - I didn't think it was stressful, and it was also the first time I've bought RE; Carmen and PSFCU gave clear instructions about what we needed to do and how to do it. It was exciting to finally be doing it, so depending on how someone processes those feelings they might feel a bit of stress - but I would call it 'good stress' if such a thing exists.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:18 PM

19,079 posts, read 14,032,583 times
Default Housing lottery discussions (#1)

All housing lottery threads will be merged with this one.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-06-2019, 12:31 PM

5 posts, read 3,344 times
Exclamation NYCHA w1 priority questions

Hey everyone, I was on the NYCHA waiting list for two years when I was called for an a interview on 10/31/19. The next day my online status was changed to elegible, a week later I received a letter in the mail asking me to pick a development. I picked one in Brooklyn and was certified as of 11/8/19. This all happened way faster than I imagined but now it’s going on a month since and I was wondering if anybody has any estimate as to how long it should take for me to be called to view an apartment? I was selected for a one bedroom but I’m afraid I’ll be on the waiting list for years and years before they call me

Old 12-06-2019, 12:39 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,693,161 times
This is pointless.

Horrible, horrible move.

We have Penn South on this thread, NYCHA, some random 80/20 lottery, untold amounts of other Mitchell Lamas, etc.

Anyone want to start a subreddit or another forum just for housing lotteries? I'm game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery