Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2019, 05:34 AM

36 posts, read 18,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwague View Post
Yea we both will god willing. I just hope it's not too late to ask for 1 bedroom when I get called because my handler put me down for studio but didnt calculate my income in front of me the second time around because I just dropped them off and apparently she was too busy to talk to me. From anyone's experience is it possible to ask for a bigger apartment if ur income qualify
I don’t think so if by the time they call u if their are any one bedrooms left they will have to summit all your documents all over again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 07:05 AM

53 posts, read 36,761 times
which building?
the one im at does not have elevator

Old 11-21-2019, 10:46 AM

77 posts, read 51,970 times
Someone should call and ask again how far Lmaoo cuz I don’t wanna call and get the same guy

Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 AM

123 posts, read 140,262 times
I just got a email from them Saying that my file is with management in the final review stage.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:23 AM

92 posts, read 90,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyty123 View Post
Hey can you send me pics? @tyeshapg@yahoo.com
Me As Well! I Sent My Email Via Dm.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:45 PM

43 posts, read 26,501 times
Okay thanks barbie

Old 11-21-2019, 04:44 PM

43 posts, read 26,501 times
That's good news!! So what happens in final review

Old 11-21-2019, 07:42 PM

87 posts, read 118,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Thanks. I do have everything so I'm prepared with that. Just wished they actually sat down and went through things with each applicant like some other marketing agents do. Past marketing agents I've dealt with calculated income there and advise what you qualified for and made you sign forms in advance to make everyone's life easier I guess.
True, I've had a similar experience with another agency. They would sit with me and calculate my income and tell me what I'm qualified for. They would go over the papers individually. It's not a complaint, but they just took all the papers and scanned them without any questions, and lastly I was asked if I've filled out the forms outside, I was like no, what form, so I was given the form the fill out.
It took about 5 minutes for the entire process once my name was called.
I believe this process is gonna take forever since they're not checking the papers in advance before they let you go, but let's see.

Last edited by importantuser1; 11-21-2019 at 07:52 PM..

Old 11-21-2019, 07:51 PM

87 posts, read 118,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
- 1 They are supposed to at least assign preference logs to their apartment before they start the process for non preference or "general population"
So does that mean that EVERY SINGLE CB preference applicant is being contacted for an interview?

It may sound silly, but my understanding is let's say 50% of the studios assigned to CB preference. Meaning we have 35 studios for CB applicants. So the management is accepting precisely 35 CB applicants paperworks to go over for approval, ONCE one of them is NOT qualified ONLY THEN they will contact the 36th CB preference applicant. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:00 PM

515 posts, read 526,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
So does that mean that EVERY SINGLE CB preference applicant is being contacted for an interview?

It may sound silly, but my understanding is let's say 50% of the studios assigned to CB preference. Meaning we have 35 studios for CB applicants. So the management is accepting precisely 35 CB applicants paperworks to go over for approval, ONCE one of them is NOT qualified ONLY THEN they will contact the 36th applicant. Tell me if I'm wrong.
Most of these marketing agents call more people in than there are apartments. That’s why in these forums you see a lot of preferences say they got waitlisted. So it’s possible that they call you in for your paperwork but they don’t actually process your file until they reach your log if they reach it. I think extras are always called just in case.

QUESTION for everyone here.

Does anyone know if the new occupancy guidelines that were released this year will apply to this lottery. The flier they emailed still list studios for a person household. However with the new guidelines show that will no longer be the case. Just wondering if those guidelines will apply to this lottery as well
Click image for larger version

Name:	67ED9032-2085-4A63-A1C5-500FAB92B9C2.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	701.5 KB
ID:	216238

Last edited by Mimilove; 11-21-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery