Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 12:17 PM

125 posts, read 131,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Yeah that's the part that a bit concerning. It's common courtesy to follow up, I mean even a quick email to update the applicant on the status would be nice. Hopefully they email you something once they get your file back, that way you won't have to worry about missing phone calls!
This entire process has been nerve wrecking. I think about it, I research things.. I wonder.. I get anxious then afraid. Like it’s exciting but at the same time Stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 12:20 PM

159 posts, read 233,193 times
Quote:
Oh wow, you have double preferences and a low log number so you should be good! I know nothing is set in stone until you sign the lease but you have great odds! My log number is much higher but I havent seen many posts about the higher ami's so hopefully there's units left when they get to me. Hopefully we'll all be neighbors! Fingers crossed for good news in the coming weeks!

Yesss Prayers for all of us on this post! My grandmother always told me speak things into existence! I have done that since the moment I received the very first email. It would be PERFECT for my son. He is autistic and LOVES trains being that it is RIGHT NEXT to his all time favorite train( he has made me purchase tickets to ride this train to no destination LOL) This would be a true blessing from God. Yes it would be dope to know our neighbors before we even move in LOL. BLESSINGS PRAYERS AND LUCK TO ALL OF US!!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
This entire process has been nerve wrecking. I think about it, I research things.. I wonder.. I get anxious then afraid. Like it’s exciting but at the same time Stressful.
Girl before the HPD approval. The process took over my brain completely! I found myself looking up videos constantly reading the marketing handbook and even emailing a youtuber(TALZQUEEN check her out she is dope) That specializes in the housing lottery. I never checked my email so much IN MY LIFE! It is crazy how this whole process had me stressing because I knew how bad I wanted it and I saw how all the other lottery apartments looked and I even caught myself shoppin online and puttin furniture in my wish list. When I tell you I SPOKE ME HAVING THIS PLACE INTO THE AIR THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! Now that I got HPD approval it feels like a breath of fresh air because I know the headache part is over!

Old 06-11-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
Girl before the HPD approval. The process took over my brain completely! I found myself looking up videos constantly reading the marketing handbook and even emailing a youtuber(TALZQUEEN check her out she is dope) That specializes in the housing lottery. I never checked my email so much IN MY LIFE! It is crazy how this whole process had me stressing because I knew how bad I wanted it and I saw how all the other lottery apartments looked and I even caught myself shoppin online and puttin furniture in my wish list. When I tell you I SPOKE ME HAVING THIS PLACE INTO THE AIR THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! Now that I got HPD approval it feels like a breath of fresh air because I know the headache part is over!

Omg me too! Yes TAJ Is amazing ! She has been such a pleasure to watch as she shares so much information and positivity! Which during this entire process it is super helpful! I too have been opening my email very frequently and monitoring my spending and making copies of any important document I feel they may request! I have been creating wishlist as well! I have four kids and we are really looking forward to getting a larger apartment that is located between all our places ! Work, school, doctors. I am looking forward to the call and I already said whether we get approved or not. I am still happy to have had the experience of the entire process. Though I’ve been manifesting this I still put in my head not to get my hopes up so I don’t fall in a disappointment.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Omg me too! Yes TAJ Is amazing ! She has been such a pleasure to watch as she shares so much information and positivity! Which during this entire process it is super helpful! I too have been opening my email very frequently and monitoring my spending and making copies of any important document I feel they may request! I have been creating wishlist as well! I have four kids and we are really looking forward to getting a larger apartment that is located between all our places ! Work, school, doctors. I am looking forward to the call and I already said whether we get approved or not. I am still happy to have had the experience of the entire process. Though I’ve been manifesting this I still put in my head not to get my hopes up so I don’t fall in a disappointment.
That is Exactly what I had to tell myself. My parents congratulated me I told them no please don't not until I sign this LEASE! Damn You sound like me..Everytime I get paid I transfer money and the fact that we are gettin this second stimulus check is such a great help!! I also made myself a wishlist on both Ikea & walmart lmao.. Its so hard not to get your hopes up and be excited.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:51 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
That is Exactly what I had to tell myself. My parents congratulated me I told them no please don't not until I sign this LEASE! Damn You sound like me..Everytime I get paid I transfer money and the fact that we are gettin this second stimulus check is such a great help!! I also made myself a wishlist on both Ikea & walmart lmao.. Its so hard not to get your hopes up and be excited.
Uurrrh?!? <INSERT RECORD SCRATCH> we're getting a second stimulus check?! When?! Lol i try to limit my news intake to the 11 PM show since I'm still working from home, I'm my son's honeschool teacher, AND I'm taking 1 college course this summer, so my days are full and i must've missed this on the news!

Old 06-11-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Uurrrh?!? <INSERT RECORD SCRATCH> we're getting a second stimulus check?! When?! Lol i try to limit my news intake to the 11 PM show since I'm still working from home, I'm my son's honeschool teacher, AND I'm taking 1 college course this summer, so my days are full and i must've missed this on the news!
Yes they passed the Bill & Said NO MORE lol Hopefully it states Next Month. & Girl I know Im working from home..Homeschooling my son and runnin after my busy body 2 year old lmao trust me I know

Old 06-15-2020, 11:28 AM

79 posts, read 84,610 times
Construction worker stated early to mid August for completion of The Carolina. The building looks nowhere near done on the inside and I saw about 30 workers working that big building.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Construction worker stated early to mid August for completion of The Carolina. The building looks nowhere near done on the inside and I saw about 30 workers working that big building.
That is probably why they are taking long to contact people in regards to the approval. I looked up a certificate of occupancy and there isn’t even anything pending just yet. So I imagine they are still trying to complete the structure.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:19 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times
Quote:
That is probably why they are taking long to contact people in regards to the approval. I looked up a certificate of occupancy and there isn’t even anything pending just yet. So I imagine they are still trying to complete the structure.
Yes, I saw that there was no COO last week when I checked. I bet they have a lot of approvals and haven't even told the applicants because they don't want them worrying and/or constantly contacting them for updates considering that the next steps probably can't be taken until later this summer. Le sigh! I'll just keep buying little decor items (nothing major!) and be patient for an update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery