Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2023, 02:19 AM

93 posts, read 76,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
People in the city walk their dogs on leashes. They walk around they neighborhoods they live in or go to a close by dog park. City dogs don't need grass or dirt to do their business, they do it on the sidewalk and the owner picks up after them.
Two popular dog parks near by are on 23rd and 11th and Madison Sq park.
Lol, I know people in the city walk their dogs on leashes. I have a dog. I walk her on a leash.

I'm just saying, are people in Penn South allowed to walk on the grounds with their dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2023, 11:12 AM

41 posts, read 56,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats on the new apartment, Chelsea Rez! Is it a one-bedroom? You’re so smart so stay within your building. And I think it says a lot about Penn South that residents seem to be happy to do that.

I know in general that with internal transfers, the more specific you are about apartments you want to see, the longer you will probably wait. Were you originally requesting a high floor and a balcony? How did you expand your search? Did you include different lines in the same building?

I’m wondering how you can have corner windows with a balcony. I thought the floor plans that have the corner windows don’t also have a balcony.
Thank you, MACNYC2003! You’re right about corner windows and balconies! The one exception is Bldg 4. The power plant smoke stack takes up the space of the smaller bedroom in the B Line apartments, and so it ends up being a one bedroom unit with a private balcony off the bedroom. Initially, I didn’t think I wanted that, but when you see the views it’s incredible. It’s also a large apartment in general. I did request only high floor apartments, and ended up with a pool of well over 150 possibilities. I just happened to be lucky enough to get a place in the building I was already in. I had also requested C Line apartments in my building. The B Line on high floors anyway, is so quiet. Some people may be put off by the noise coming from the fans on the power plant, but it doesn’t bother me at all. When you fill out the transfer form you can add an addendum to it in case there isn’t enough room on the form. The form is on the PS website. I was told that when you modify your preferences that you have to list all preferences again, not just what you’re adding or taking off.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:15 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Wow, congrats, ChelseaRez! I just looked at the floor plans, and I see what you're talking about. It's a very unique and great layout! The private balcony looks wonderful. Did you have to hire movers, or were you able to do it all yourself, since you moved within the building?

Old 02-27-2023, 02:37 PM

83 posts, read 61,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaRez View Post
Thank you, MACNYC2003! You’re right about corner windows and balconies! The one exception is Bldg 4. The power plant smoke stack takes up the space of the smaller bedroom in the B Line apartments, and so it ends up being a one bedroom unit with a private balcony off the bedroom. Initially, I didn’t think I wanted that, but when you see the views it’s incredible. It’s also a large apartment in general. I did request only high floor apartments, and ended up with a pool of well over 150 possibilities. I just happened to be lucky enough to get a place in the building I was already in. I had also requested C Line apartments in my building. The B Line on high floors anyway, is so quiet. Some people may be put off by the noise coming from the fans on the power plant, but it doesn’t bother me at all. When you fill out the transfer form you can add an addendum to it in case there isn’t enough room on the form. The form is on the PS website. I was told that when you modify your preferences that you have to list all preferences again, not just what you’re adding or taking off.
Hey Chelsea, congrats! How long did you have to wait? May I ask what number you were?

Old 02-27-2023, 02:38 PM

Hey guys, I have several people on front me show are on hold, does that make a difference?

Old 02-27-2023, 02:45 PM

There are lots of people on hold on the list. That won't affect you unless they come off hold. Then they would be in front of you.

Old 02-27-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
There are lots of people on hold on the list. That won't affect you unless they come off hold. Then they would be in front of you.
Gotcha.

Thank you so much. They must on hold because of the purchase price.. smh.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:16 PM

People have all sorts of reasons for being on hold, but you're right that some of them are saving up for a down payment. (You need to put down 25% of the price and can finance the rest.)

Old 02-27-2023, 03:26 PM

Quote:
People have all sorts of reasons for being on hold, but you're right that some of them are saving up for a down payment. (You need to put down 25% of the price and can finance the rest.)
Excellent! Okay.

Boy, this forum is great! Lol. Kinda feels like a big family, here.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:29 PM

It is a wonderful forum, with lots of people sharing key info that you can't find anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery