Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2023, 07:16 AM

4,770 posts, read 6,560,761 times

Advertisements

I recall one person on the 2014 studio list who actually saw an apartment with a terrace as one of her options. It was snapped up by someone ahead of her, but I was shocked she even got to see something so nice. She ended up with a very desirable studio with a balcony. So it’s good to dream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2023, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,447 times
I was on the 2014 list and when I was called at the end of 2021 right after covid I viewed 8 units and two on the list had balconies. Both were on 9th ave facing the edge in Hudson yards. Spectacular view. Unfortunalety someone ahead of me got them. Some two months later I was offered the choice of two E line studios that were semi renovated new floors and bathroom nicely done with blue tiles. The kitchen was bare which I loved as it allowed me to put in tiles of my choosing. The unit itself was bigger than my one bedroom 3k a month apt. I love the kitchen as I have enough room for a small dining table which is unheard of for an NYC studio unit. Also 3 good size closets especially the one by the bathroom though it could have been designed better as there's room much room on the right and left side once you opened the door. If you are blessed to get one of these units do not turn it down these are not average size studios. I do understand there is a smaller version wit a kitchen Half the size. I'm not sure which line that is. I saw my neighbors G-line one bed with the small kitchen and while it's nice to have a separate bedroom. I wouldn't trade my unit for it and my kitchen view of the Empire state building and the and the huge amount of sun light i get from my living room window.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...019-a-182.html

Old 12-02-2023, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,447 times
Also anyone who is waiting for a 3bd. My neighbor just passed away and they are currently doing renovations on it so good some lucky family will be happy. I got to see it. It's a huge unit the biggest ones available in PS. The current 3bd unit above it was just moved into a few months back by a family with 2 small children so they are moving but probably at a snails pace. FYI my neighbor lived in the unit for 45 years he raised his family there but he lived alone at the time of his death

Old 12-02-2023, 02:42 PM

430 posts, read 505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollieD View Post
Also anyone who is waiting for a 3bd. My neighbor just passed away and they are currently doing renovations on it so good some lucky family will be happy. I got to see it. It's a huge unit the biggest ones available in PS. The current 3bd unit above it was just moved into a few months back by a family with 2 small children so they are moving but probably at a snails pace. FYI my neighbor lived in the unit for 45 years he raised his family there but he lived alone at the time of his death
Waiting on a 3BR, we noticed our number is dropping relatively quickly on our list. Will admit I make a mental note of the apartment number whenever I read a memorial service notice in the lobby to see if they had a 3BR super macabre I know but hey it’s all fair when it comes to NYC real estate.

Old 12-04-2023, 05:14 PM

59 posts, read 65,781 times
hello everyone, i think the list for 1 bedrooms is moving again. i received my viewing letter!! i'm on the 2019 waitlist.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyc19 View Post
hello everyone, i think the list for 1 bedrooms is moving again. i received my viewing letter!! i'm on the 2019 waitlist.
Congrats! How many apartments will you be seeing?

Old 12-05-2023, 03:32 AM

59 posts, read 65,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats! How many apartments will you be seeing?
My letter lists 3 different units

Old 12-05-2023, 04:55 AM

22 posts, read 28,575 times
Quote:
It did seem stalled for quite a bit. What active number are you on the list? Please keep us posted when you end up viewing what you end up seeing and getting. Pins and needles here at number 27 active on the list.

Old 12-05-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
My letter lists 3 different units
My advice is to be chatty and friendly. Don't be afraid to talk to people in the lobby and elevator and ask questions. Most folks at PS are very happy to help a potential neighbor. I did that when I viewed apartments last year with my daughter, and although I may have caused her to roll her eyes in my direction, I did unearth some useful information. Just asking, How is this building? Do you like it here? What is the laundry room like? could start a conversation.

Also, if you're seeing only three units this time, depending on how many other people are ahead of you, you may not be offered an apartment this round. However, it's good for you to see the different layouts and buildings and, as I suggest, maybe dig up some info that may affect your eventual decision.

Best of luck and enjoy yourself! Feel free to message me if you like for more tips. Please let us know what you think!

Old 12-05-2023, 09:43 AM

145 posts, read 81,256 times
Awesome! That means it took 3 years or so, right?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery