Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2024, 08:19 AM

91 posts, read 65,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbrury20002 View Post
I guess they are great people. They are willing to work with me. God bless you all and i love all of the feedback i got. How's the community over there is it still noisy? i cant lie the location and apartment i seen was clean and safe plus the neighbors was cool. just the packages being exposed by they mailboxes is the only thing i didn't like. but like i said i was great. once again love you all.. i was wondering anyone got photos of your apts i only saw 2.
Congrats, bro! I remember you as part of the 2019 list, like me - I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 09:22 AM

26 posts, read 30,828 times
Default Bad credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbrury20002 View Post
Hey guys i have a question i was denied a apartment because my credit history was bad. I showed I made the money also i even offered giving the full amount at closing but they still denied me. How is that even possible ??? like I'm going back and forth with them and they said its their rules is this right or even legal besides i have a bad credit score and some things in collections. like you want your $100,000 here you go but you reject it cause of my credit history literally a check for a hundred grand. idk guys please help is there anyone i can talk to about this thats very high up that anyone knows. god bless you all i love each and and everyone one of you so happy you got your apartments. Havent been here in a while. please let me know who to talk to.
I read about this situation outside of this forum, can’t recall where. But, the coop really must be assured that monthly maintenance can be paid. Since this coop doesn’t demand multiple years of maintenance payment equivalents sitting in your bank account, it must adhere to very strict credit scores. If your score is much below 690, you have pause to worry.

However, I think that if you do not qualify because of a low credit score, even with a full cash purchase, the coop MAY allow you to go onto the ‘hold’ list for up to five years, despite having already been called up to view apartments. (An option not otherwise available if you’ve been called to view).

I can’t guarantee that this is the situation, and everyone would be well advised to go on hold prior if their credit score is not so rosy.

Keep a positive attitude, be nice to the staff, and I bet you’ll be OK. It’s just a little longer wait, and with help from a professional and some careful money management on your part, you would be surprised how fast you can clean up your score.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:48 AM

18 posts, read 6,185 times
Marbrury20002, would you mind telling us a little bit more about your score/what your exact issues were? I would imagine it would be very helpful for future applicants on this forum.

Old 05-11-2024, 01:43 PM

I'm in the 2019 studio waitlist and the purchase price is $80,000. Do I have to pay in full?

Old 05-11-2024, 03:04 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,784,440 times
marbrury, I was thinking that maybe you could offer to escrow [x] months of mortgage/maintenance (if you have it)? I know that is done sometimes in co-op transactions, but I don't know if they'd be open to it. That might help assuage their concerns about your continued ability to make payments.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:31 PM

4,803 posts, read 6,653,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
I'm in the 2019 studio waitlist and the purchase price is $80,000. Do I have to pay in full?
You have to pay 25% of it and the rest can be mortgaged.

Old 05-12-2024, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 1,758 times
I am also on the 2019 external wait list for a studio.

My number was 38X in November 2019, and today am 7X for active applicants only, 15X when including on hold applicants.

Still waiting for my number to be called, just posting this in case it helps people understand wait times.

Old 05-12-2024, 03:27 PM

29 posts, read 23,023 times
Anyone know where the 2019 one bedroom list is?

Old 05-13-2024, 06:51 AM

21 posts, read 21,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM16 View Post
Anyone know where the 2019 one bedroom list is?
I am 2x on the active only and still haven't received a letter or prescreening.

Old 05-17-2024, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
You have to pay 25% of it and the rest can be mortgaged.
Thank you, macnyc2003!

The external list has been moving fast. I wonder if you have to be called at no.1 in order to be called?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery