Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 09:10 AM

36 posts, read 29,928 times

Advertisements

Idk if there is a thread for this question but I just want some opinions about it. When is a good time to follow up with a management office about an apartment you sent documents in for? When have you done it after you sent in your documents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 09:15 AM

11 posts, read 8,527 times
Same, I would like to know about this too.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulperson123 View Post
Same, I would like to know about this too.
I always wondered because I don’t want to be that annoying person and then they decided oh well we don’t want to deal with her. But is waiting a month to long?

Old 05-28-2020, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
My case is, got INELIGIBILITY NOTICE at the beginning of May, sent appeal letter in 2 days by both mail and email; then got respond after 2 weeks.
So maybe you could follow up in 2 weeks?

Old 05-28-2020, 12:23 PM

318 posts, read 280,498 times
When I was going through the process I follow up every week. Especially because I almost missed out on the apartment I have now due to not following up. So please follow up. Thankful the person handling my file was nice and understand. But Don’t ever feel you are being annoying I would follow up every week . That’s their job to ask questions regard your status.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:29 PM

133 posts, read 141,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicorn0829 View Post
When I was going through the process I follow up every week. Especially because I almost missed out on the apartment I have now due to not following up. So please follow up. Thankful the person handling my file was nice and understand. But Don’t ever feel you are being annoying I would follow up every week . That’s their job to ask questions regard your status.
Agree! I ask nicely almost every week, I ask for confirmation, status, etc etc. I am in the initial selection phase and have appealed twice, so we ought to be proactive.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:32 PM

Thank you for replying. I always had that thought if I constantly contact them they would get annoyed and put your paper work aside. I am a patient person but I feel like sometimes if you don’t say anything you will wined up missing out because they will forget about you.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:32 PM

318 posts, read 280,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Agree! I ask nicely almost every week, I ask for confirmation, status, etc etc. I am in the initial selection phase and have appealed twice, so we ought to be proactive.
Definitely. The apartment I’m in now I had to do appeal I submitted the paperwork ASAP at first I was checking up with the process then I stopped not purposely but you know dealing with life and I was in school at the time. Now I appeal in Oct of 2018 I was following up the first month. Now fast forward to Jan 2019 my mother asked me about the apartment and that’s what made me check in. When I say GOD was on my side omg I called them and they replied was we been trying to reach you. You won your appeal and we was going to disqualify you for not responding in a timely manner. I was sick like literally. Thank god I contacted when I did cause I was almost out of my three bedroom apartment that I desperately needed. . Oh yea i forgot to mention the management company was spelling my email wrong that’s why I wasn’t getting the emails. Which is odd but yea moral of the story STAY ON TOP OF THEM.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicorn0829 View Post
Definitely. The apartment I’m in now I had to do appeal I submitted the paperwork ASAP at first I was checking up with the process then I stopped not purposely but you know dealing with life and I was in school at the time. Now I appeal in Oct of 2018 I was following up the first month. Now fast forward to Jan 2019 my mother asked me about the apartment and that’s what made me check in. When I say GOD was on my side omg I called them and they replied was we been trying to reach you. You won your appeal and we was going to disqualify you for not responding in a timely manner. I was sick like literally. Thank god I contacted when I did cause I was almost out of my three bedroom apartment that I desperately needed. . Oh yea i forgot to mention the management company was spelling my email wrong that’s why I wasn’t getting the emails. Which is odd but yea moral of the story STAY ON TOP OF THEM.
See this is exactly what I’m talking about. Thank god you followed up with them you would have missed your blessing. It’s been 3 weeks since I handed in my paper work and haven’t heard from them. The last email I got from them they said I was a community board resident and my application Will be pending for review. So now I’m thinking did I get denied or did I get pushed aside? I don’t want to annoy them and have that happen to me. But I do want to know what’s going on.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:47 PM

Another question, the management office said that My application will be pending for review. They will reach out to me as appropriate. Do anyone know what that means? Is that a bad thing or good thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery