Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 11:46 AM

85 posts, read 82,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurseynurse2 View Post
I was finally contacted yesterday! Gave me a week to return everything so fingers crossed! My log # is low 500s
Omg!!! This is great !!
Ugh. I’m worried now , my number is too high don’t think I’ll be called then if they are in the low 500s.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted !! So excited for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 01:43 PM

98 posts, read 117,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthepen View Post
Omg!!! This is great !!
Ugh. I’m worried now , my number is too high don’t think I’ll be called then if they are in the low 500s.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted !! So excited for you!
Well yesterday was technically the first day of them reaching out to people with no preference so there's still hope for you yet! Also, since they're only giving us a week, I'm assuming they probably feel a lot of people won't be qualified and they don't want to be stuck doing interviews forever.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:56 AM

I meant to ask did they call you or email you? What did you qualify for?

Old 07-15-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I meant to ask did they call you or email you? What did you qualify for?
They emailed me. I’m going for the 80% ami 3 bedroom. Currently the only units still available are the 80% 2 and 3 bedrooms and all of the 130% units.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
They emailed me. I’m going for the 80% ami 3 bedroom. Currently the only units still available are the 80% 2 and 3 bedrooms and all of the 130% units.
ohh okay. I only qualify for the 70% . Crap!!!

THATS AMAZING A 3 BEDROOM!!!! OMG CONGRATS!

Old 07-15-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
ohh okay. I only qualify for the 70% . Crap!!!

THATS AMAZING A 3 BEDROOM!!!! OMG CONGRATS!
Well It’s technically not mine yet but I’m hoping and praying daily! Lol i also seen vids and pics of the 3 bedroom there and was wondering if the affordable apts were designed the same as the market rate ones.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Well It’s technically not mine yet but I’m hoping and praying daily! Lol i also seen vids and pics of the 3 bedroom there and was wondering if the affordable apts were designed the same as the market rate ones.
LOL! Yeah i know... but sending positive vibes your way.

Usually the apartments are a bit different from the market rate ones. However I am sure every developer is different. So sometimes the appliances are different the layout etc.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
LOL! Yeah i know... but sending positive vibes your way.

Usually the apartments are a bit different from the market rate ones. However I am sure every developer is different. So sometimes the appliances are different the layout etc.
Got it, I figured as much. Thanks so much! Finger crossed!

Old 07-16-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugg12 View Post
Just an update, Housing partnership emailed me back, a week after sending my documents, my application got rejected. I qualified for the 2 bedroom for $1503. But it’s not available any more only the 2 bedroom for $1,718.
Hey I wanted to ask you if you got an immediate confirmation of receipt for your information when you sent it in. I sent in all documents yesterday and still haven’t received an email or call stating they received them. I’m wondering if I should call.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:19 PM

17 posts, read 17,353 times
No I didn’t. I called them & asked them. The girl asked me for some of my info to look and she confirmed they did. She told me the day & time they got them. I recommend calling just to be sure oh & get the names of the people u speak to when u call! They did get back to me in a week after I sent everything in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: