Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 PM

182 posts, read 315,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinthecity View Post
It took about 10 months after first being contacted to close. I had to bother them a little bit (while trying not to be too annoying). The apartment is BEAUTIFUL! And large. Great views, with lots of sunlight spilling in. One and a half baths. All the bedrooms are decent sizes. Kitchen is better than expected. Terrace is lovely (all of the terraces have been or are in the process of being renovated).I feel so blessed. Because everyone is a shareholder (or at some point whomever they may have inherited it from was), there is a real since of ownership. Therefore, the culture here is nice. I was stressing about having the linoleum floors redone, but I discovered linoleum is actually a natural material and the beige is neutral and goes great with the decor I've put together. The building is quiet and security is fantastic. There are a lot of capital improvements going on right now, including new lobbies and the pool. All the buildings are near the 3 train. It's the best deal in Manhattan if you ask me. Praise Jesus!
what BR did you apply for? i applied for the 2br and my number is 2xx and it looks like they restarted the 2020 lottery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 07:08 PM

12 posts, read 30,325 times
3 BR. I was on the waiting list 10 years. Number was 6XX. There has been a lot of movement; older people passing away and such. Make sure your address is up to date. Verify management has the correct mailing address. They don't seem to be the most organized. The ML website shows last number approved for each bedroom size.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 6,413 times
Default What building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinthecity View Post
3 BR. I was on the waiting list 10 years. Number was 6XX. There has been a lot of movement; older people passing away and such. Make sure your address is up to date. Verify management has the correct mailing address. They don't seem to be the most organized. The ML website shows last number approved for each bedroom size.
Do you mind telling me the building that you have applied to, is it 2569? I’m still waiting for them to call me.

Thank you

Old 05-07-2021, 10:27 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
I really like how they've renovated the exterior of the buildings, and the terraces. I'll give it that

Old 05-07-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I really like how they've renovated the exterior of the buildings, and the terraces. I'll give it that
For which building are you talking about??

Old 05-07-2021, 04:26 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyx3 View Post
For which building are you talking about??
all of em

Old 05-19-2021, 07:54 PM

182 posts, read 315,109 times
Looks like they updated the lottery!

Old 05-20-2021, 06:15 AM

203 posts, read 263,297 times
I wish they'd update the one bedroom list!

Old 05-29-2021, 05:37 PM

Do you mind telling me if you paid the whole high price they ask or somewhere in between?

Old 05-29-2021, 05:39 PM

Also do you know if the building is pet friendly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery