Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 10:17 PM

12 posts, read 30,301 times

Advertisements

After 10 years on the waitlist, I received a letter stating I am next on the external waiting list for a co-op. I submitted all the required documents along with proof of funds over a month ago... the person processing my application says she needs to run it by the property manager before sending it to HPD... but it seems the my file has been on her desk for the past few weeks. Anyone know how long the process takes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 11:14 PM

13 posts, read 20,578 times
Congrats!!

It can take a while, and with Covid it can take extra long.
I live in a Mitchell Lama property and the process took about 4 months. Each development is different though. For mine, i had to do a background check, someone had to come to do a home visit, and then 2 months went by before i got to see the apartment. After i accepted, then i submitted the paper work and then it took a while for Hpd to approve it, and then had to come back with payment.

My suggestion is to just continue to follow up, and just take this time (if you havent done so already) to have your payment ready, movers in order if you are going to use them, and to have your questions ready for the final walkthrough.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 PM

Thank you for the reply. I received my letter April 29 and emailed out all the items they requested within 15 days. I didn’t go in person until June. I gave them everything they need, including proof of funds. I still have not viewed any apartments, and I have not received any notification from the credit monitoring company I used of my credit having been told. I have been following up, but the woman working on my application seems pretty annoyed when I call. I spoke to her manager this week and she said she’d follow up with me... no word. Sounds like patience is key here. I’m prayerful and excited.

Old 10-09-2020, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,236 times
Wow! Ten years?! How many bedrooms is the apartment you’re on the waiting list for?

Old 10-15-2020, 02:27 PM

203 posts, read 262,886 times
I sent in my application today! Anyone have any info on this development? I've read whatever I can find online, but any additional info would be great!

Old 10-16-2020, 12:32 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
There's at least one other thread on this Mitchell-Lama somewhere in this subforum.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldntyoulovetoknow View Post
Wow! Ten years?! How many bedrooms is the apartment you’re on the waiting list for?
3 bedrooms

Old 02-07-2021, 04:02 PM

26 posts, read 17,504 times
Hi OP, curious, any updates on the process at Esplanade? Were you eventually contacted?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:18 PM

61 posts, read 65,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meinthecity View Post
Thank you for the reply. I received my letter April 29 and emailed out all the items they requested within 15 days. I didn’t go in person until June. I gave them everything they need, including proof of funds. I still have not viewed any apartments, and I have not received any notification from the credit monitoring company I used of my credit having been told. I have been following up, but the woman working on my application seems pretty annoyed when I call. I spoke to her manager this week and she said she’d follow up with me... no word. Sounds like patience is key here. I’m prayerful and excited.
Would you mind giving your log number?

Old 04-08-2021, 05:05 PM

It took about 10 months after first being contacted to close. I had to bother them a little bit (while trying not to be too annoying). The apartment is BEAUTIFUL! And large. Great views, with lots of sunlight spilling in. One and a half baths. All the bedrooms are decent sizes. Kitchen is better than expected. Terrace is lovely (all of the terraces have been or are in the process of being renovated).I feel so blessed. Because everyone is a shareholder (or at some point whomever they may have inherited it from was), there is a real since of ownership. Therefore, the culture here is nice. I was stressing about having the linoleum floors redone, but I discovered linoleum is actually a natural material and the beige is neutral and goes great with the decor I've put together. The building is quiet and security is fantastic. There are a lot of capital improvements going on right now, including new lobbies and the pool. All the buildings are near the 3 train. It's the best deal in Manhattan if you ask me. Praise Jesus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery