Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 02:49 PM

290 posts, read 275,565 times

Advertisements

Hi Mia Now, How are you enjoying your new apartment at Pratt Towers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 03:03 AM

3 posts, read 2,233 times
Hello There. I don't know if this experience is applicable, but after almost 20 years from my request to be added on the waiting list, East Midtown Plaza finally sent me a letter saying an apartment is available and I've been selected first of several people who are allowed to view. But I get the first choice if I chose the apartment, which I did. I viewed the apartment; it needed a ALOT of work (which they said they will make basic cleanup and repairs), but it's a studio on a high floor with a great view of downtown Manhattan, including the WTC. Given I'm less than 10 years from retirement age, I thought this type of dwelling would be good for me. They informed me I can proceed with the process, or refuse and choose another unit. If i reject that one, I will be dropped to the very bottom of the wait list. They just made me an offer which was CONSIDERABLY more than I was led to believe, but still far, far below market for the area.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:04 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyChosen2Buy View Post
Hello There. I don't know if this experience is applicable, but after almost 20 years from my request to be added on the waiting list, East Midtown Plaza finally sent me a letter saying an apartment is available and I've been selected first of several people who are allowed to view. But I get the first choice if I chose the apartment, which I did. I viewed the apartment; it needed a ALOT of work (which they said they will make basic cleanup and repairs), but it's a studio on a high floor with a great view of downtown Manhattan, including the WTC. Given I'm less than 10 years from retirement age, I thought this type of dwelling would be good for me. They informed me I can proceed with the process, or refuse and choose another unit. If i reject that one, I will be dropped to the very bottom of the wait list. They just made me an offer which was CONSIDERABLY more than I was led to believe, but still far, far below market for the area.
Hello! You might get more responses if you post in one of the East Midtown Plaza threads:

East Midtown Plaza
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...-plaza-12.html

East Midtown Plaza Studio Lottery
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...lottery-2.html

Old 11-16-2021, 07:46 PM

164 posts, read 193,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyChosen2Buy View Post

Thanks for the insight - I might be following in your footsteps sometime in the future! I got my waitlist application, but my number is quite low (< 50)... just hoping I get my finances in order before I get the call

Out of curiosity, what sort of work did the unit need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery