Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 06:15 PM

9 posts, read 11,577 times

Advertisements

I was recently asked to provide documents for an apartment I applied for on Housing Connect 2, and they requested a "Copy of your most recent telephone bill (in your name and showing your current address)." in the email alert and on the Housing Connect portal.

I have never seen this asked for before, and it's not on the list on the HPD website: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...documents.page

Has anyone seen this before? I've been collecting my docs ahead of time (thanks to the tips I've learned from this forum!) but I don't even have my own phone plan. Any suggestions on how to approach this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 06:40 PM

515 posts, read 525,134 times
Usually they ask for gas and electric utility bills it's possible they are changing that. I recently went through the process and was asked for gas and electric bills not my phone. Definitely ask your marketing agent they will be able to tell you what to submit.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Usually they ask for gas and electric utility bills it's possible they are changing that. I recently went through the process and was asked for gas and electric bills not my phone. Definitely ask your marketing agent they will be able to tell you what to submit.
Thank you! Yes, they are asking for electric/gas bill as well so I'm definitely going to see why they want a phone bill on top of that. Is the marketing agent the person from Reside NY, or is it someone from HPD? All I've received so far is an automated email.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:06 PM

98 posts, read 113,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_018 View Post
I was recently asked to provide documents for an apartment I applied for on Housing Connect 2, and they requested a "Copy of your most recent telephone bill (in your name and showing your current address)." in the email alert and on the Housing Connect portal.

I have never seen this asked for before, and it's not on the list on the HPD website: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...documents.page

Has anyone seen this before? I've been collecting my docs ahead of time (thanks to the tips I've learned from this forum!) but I don't even have my own phone plan. Any suggestions on how to approach this?
When I was contacted last year on the old site, They requested a phone and Internet bill only because electricity and gas were included in my current rent. Luckily they were both in my name and address matched.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:50 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
they ask for all of it... bring everything but a drop of blood

Old 03-25-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, they are asking for electric/gas bill as well so I'm definitely going to see why they want a phone bill on top of that. Is the marketing agent the person from Reside NY, or is it someone from HPD? All I've received so far is an automated email.
Yeah the marketing agent is reside ny but you can always email HPD as well and ask them if it’s required and what to do when it’s not your name. I have never been for a phone bill so I can’t tell you 100% if it’s required or not.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:36 AM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
Phone bills have now been added to the list of utilities so yes it is required to use

Old 03-25-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Phone bills have now been added to the list of utilities so yes it is required to use
Interesting, do have a link? I was referencing the 'NYC Housing Connect Eligibility Review: Required Documents' page as well as the marketing handbook and didn't see anything.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:21 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
they BEEN added to the utilities list. this is a non factor

Old 03-25-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Interesting, do have a link? I was referencing the 'NYC Housing Connect Eligibility Review: Required Documents' page as well as the marketing handbook and didn't see anything.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...marketing.page

That's the link where you can find the most up to date marketing handbook as well as the link to download all the attachment files used during the process including the list for required documents.

I am not sure where Lexy and Hellup have seen that a phone bill is now a required document because there is nothing in the marketing book or in the required documents list that shows phone bill (I just checked).
Like I also stated previously I just very recently went through the process and the only utility bill I was asked for was gas and electric and even in the past year every lottery I've submitted documents for which has been a lot never asked for a phone bill and that's housing connect 1 and 2. Some marketing agents do things a little differently though.

HPD will definitely be able to answer your question maybe a phone bill is just another option, maybe it's something they will add on soon here is the email nychousingconnect@hpd.nyc.gov. Email them tell them the marketing agent requested electric, gas and phone bill but that the phone bill is not in your name what should you do if it's really required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery