Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,152 times

Advertisements

My partner and I just started applying for NYC housing lottery a couple of months ago. We were asked to give our documents for the 522 Grand building last week. Just curious to know if anybody else in the same boat as us for this building. I also noticed we never received our log #. Is that common?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 02:28 PM

134 posts, read 197,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper301 View Post
My partner and I just started applying for NYC housing lottery a couple of months ago. We were asked to give our documents for the 522 Grand building last week. Just curious to know if anybody else in the same boat as us for this building. I also noticed we never received our log #. Is that common?
You only know your log # after you've been asked to submit documents. On the new Housing connect only your application # is shown

Old 04-01-2021, 04:36 PM

38 posts, read 35,405 times
I was also asked to submit documents last week - haven’t heard anything. Usually Rina from Reside reaches out via email a few days after the Housing Connect website updates the application from Pending to Action Needed. (That occurred for another lottery I ended up declining.) She informed me last time that she’s also the coordinator for this building (522 Grand). I’ll reach out to her & post an update when she gets back to me!

Edit: got an auto-reply that she is out of the office until April 5!

Last edited by eateverycookie; 04-01-2021 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: got an auto-reply email

Old 04-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eateverycookie View Post
I was also asked to submit documents last week - haven’t heard anything. Usually Rina from Reside reaches out via email a few days after the Housing Connect website updates the application from Pending to Action Needed. (That occurred for another lottery I ended up declining.) She informed me last time that she’s also the coordinator for this building (522 Grand). I’ll reach out to her & post an update when she gets back to me!

Edit: got an auto-reply that she is out of the office until April 5!
Nice! Yea, I got the same auto-reply. When did you end up submitting your paperwork? How is it working with Rina?

Old 04-01-2021, 06:18 PM

I submitted my documents on March 24, the same day I was notified! Working with her is really great - she’s helpful and responds super quickly. I didn’t go beyond viewing the apartment for another development, so I haven’t worked with her after that point in the process.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:17 PM

Just a quick update - Rina let me know my lottery number is 2xx and there are a few applicants ahead of me (that might be you! lmao) and she'll reach out to me on the 7th to schedule a viewing between 4/8-4/12.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 1,978 times
Hi guys, I also received an email on March 24th to submit documents and submitted them the same day. Do you know when they want people to move in? Is it for May 1st or June 1st?

Old 04-06-2021, 09:44 AM

She said ideally 5/1.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:28 PM

On a side note - did anyone get to see the units yet? I know the listing said washer & dryer hookups, but I looked up video tours on Streeteasy and saw 1 had a washer and the other didn't have anything installed.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eateverycookie View Post
On a side note - did anyone get to see the units yet? I know the listing said washer & dryer hookups, but I looked up video tours on Streeteasy and saw 1 had a washer and the other didn't have anything installed.
UPDATE: We've been in contact with Rina. She said we have a log number of #124 which is FANTASTIC but my boyfriend and I have a minor setback from moving forward so we are trying to find a way to resolve that. Rina told me today is the deadline and that she was going to start getting in contact with the first three people that qualify and start the viewing as soon as possible. She mentioned a total of 10-15 applicants as of now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery