Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 08:30 AM

4 posts, read 4,044 times

Advertisements

does anyone know the process for the lease renewal for this building for the people who won the lottery. I am scared that they might increase rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 09:10 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,494,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimam View Post
does anyone know the process for the lease renewal for this building for the people who won the lottery. I am scared that they might increase rent
You are guaranteed to be offered a lease renewal. The rent will be increased according to the guidelines set by the rent guidelines board for that renewal year, not more.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:45 AM

19 posts, read 19,701 times
I cannot believe they are asking me to submit documentation again but here we go I guess. On 8/25/2021 they updated the status and said that I was potentially eligbile for a studio unit but that all studio units have already been assigned to lower log numbers.

A week ago they asked me to submit documents again. It's possbile someone moved out and a unit became available? I wonder if theyre reaching out to log numbers in batches again and no one will actually review my documents.

Log #3**

Old 02-16-2023, 01:34 PM

4 posts, read 3,604 times
I just looked at a one-bedroom unit here yesterday for $1,962. Although the building was nice and the appliances are quality, the place was tiny! And the closets (2 of them) laughably so. The 'range' was a 2-burner cooktop, and they provide a shower stall rather than a tub. The neighborhood also could be better. It made me wonder if there were a list of minimum standards builders had to adhere to in order to receive tax breaks for providing affordable housing, because I believe I now know what minimal standards look like. Imaging moving in required listing what I would have to get rid of and I have lived in studios all of my adult life! I guess a lot of people are turning it down. They sent 8 of us up at the same time (and I have a really high log number). Nobody in our group was interested or could believe what they were seeing. I guess they got their tax break, but without actually providing livable affordable housing.

Old 02-20-2023, 07:05 AM

603 posts, read 605,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity3K View Post
I just looked at a one-bedroom unit here yesterday for $1,962. Although the building was nice and the appliances are quality, the place was tiny! And the closets (2 of them) laughably so. The 'range' was a 2-burner cooktop, and they provide a shower stall rather than a tub. The neighborhood also could be better. It made me wonder if there were a list of minimum standards builders had to adhere to in order to receive tax breaks for providing affordable housing, because I believe I now know what minimal standards look like. Imaging moving in required listing what I would have to get rid of and I have lived in studios all of my adult life! I guess a lot of people are turning it down. They sent 8 of us up at the same time (and I have a really high log number). Nobody in our group was interested or could believe what they were seeing. I guess they got their tax break, but without actually providing livable affordable housing.
Thanks for the details, this could help save someone's time touring the place.

Every building project is different, maybe someone will eventually take the unit.

Old 03-04-2023, 08:41 PM

106 posts, read 93,163 times
Hello I was contacted about a one bedroom with unit number on it. How’s the building overall is the apartment decent size and does it have washer and dryer inside units?

Old 03-13-2023, 10:57 PM

27 posts, read 24,190 times
I moved in it’s been almost a year now, are you enjoying it? I’m not going to lie I’m looking into another housing connect property. Roosevelt Parc is nice but the apartments a very cheaply made.

Old 03-15-2023, 08:02 PM

Hey I went to see an apartment here today omg the smallest one bedroom I ever saw. Hated the area and it’s completely build surrounding private houses.. it was apartment 4q and the bathroom only had a shower the bathroom was the best feature to offer

Old 03-16-2023, 01:31 AM

505 posts, read 469,292 times
What was your log number?

Old 03-16-2023, 05:11 AM

My log number was 11459
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery