Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 02:53 PM

171 posts, read 198,452 times

Advertisements

@ceebvndy CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you and your new bundle of joy. When i pass by on my way to work i can tell the natural lighting is EVERYTHING. Still keeping my fingers crossed with my high lob # and CB. Enjoy your new beginnings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 03:02 PM

290 posts, read 327,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiya View Post
I wish I could see pictures but you did a great job with the description. Congratulations indeed
Thank you! I sign my lease tomorrow and can move in anytime this week. So when I get the keys. I’ll take some pics and post it :-)

Old 04-14-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
@ceebvndy CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you and your new bundle of joy. When i pass by on my way to work i can tell the natural lighting is EVERYTHING. Still keeping my fingers crossed with my high lob # and CB. Enjoy your new beginnings.
Thank you so much! I truly believe you will get that call soon, my log was 2,2XX CB and ME and somehow I’ll be one of the first people to move in. Idk how that happened lol so I don’t doubt you will be called soon as well. We’ll wishes to you my friend!

Old 04-14-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
@ceebvndy YAYYY Congratulations hun!!! So happy for you this is awesome news!!
Thank you SO much and I’m still so happy for you as well!

Old 04-15-2022, 09:18 PM

65 posts, read 56,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Hi All,

I went to the apt today. Very nice! Building A is move in-ready but still has some construction such as the fitness room, children room, package storage room. Building B and C are still under construction. Building A is 17 story has 2 elevators and a has over 300 or so surveillance cameras in and around the building and will have a security guard. I believe that each apt has a different layout depending on AMI. I wish the master bedroom was a tad bit larger and my unit does not have a walk in closet as shown on housing connect. I am assuming the higher AMI's have that privilege-but it is still a nice sized closet. I also wish there was at least 1 more closet besides the bedroom's. Like I wish there was a coat closet near the front entrance and 1 linen closet. But beggars cannot be choosers! The kitchen is really nice, there is a nice size living room and space for a dinning room table near the kitchen. My favorite part is the natural lighting and views (large windows)! Overall, beautiful place....I am super excited and I have accepted the unit and waiting for further instructions on signing the lease.

To add, I was told that amenities are included within the rent. You pay for rent as well as electricity. There is a brand new shared garage which is separate and I went to inquire about pricing and it is $300...yikes. The super and his family literally just moved in last week and there is someone moving in 2 weeks. So there are no tenants yet.

I hope this information helps! Best of luck to everyone!

I live in the neighborhood and I really think paying for a parking garage is not worth it unless you really want to protect your car from minor scratches, don't want to walk, etc. Street parking is fairly easy to find even alternate days.

Glad you liked the apartment and building. If I was given a preference, I would choose the building on 62nd- it's quieter and that's the side you would most likely find parking

Old 04-15-2022, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIDP View Post
I live in the neighborhood and I really think paying for a parking garage is not worth it unless you really want to protect your car from minor scratches, don't want to walk, etc. Street parking is fairly easy to find even alternate days.

Glad you liked the apartment and building. If I was given a preference, I would choose the building on 62nd- it's quieter and that's the side you would most likely find parking
Thank you for this info! That is very good to know, I am not familiar with this side of FH -I currently live closest to 71st Ave and Austin street. Well! The building I am in is 108th - it certainly is busy over here but in the apartment I really felt at peace you know? Building B and C are still under constructions but I see they are not far from building A at all.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:37 PM

I went to drop my deposit off today and signed my lease (via electronically). You get to choose your move in day - Mon - Fridays. Can’t wait to pick up my keys soon!

Old 04-20-2022, 09:21 AM

182 posts, read 225,758 times
Can anyone tell me how long from submitting docs to approval to sign lease? I just started on monday. seems like theres a good possibility only 2 bedrooms are going to be left but really hoping for a 3.

Also, what is the pet screening process?

Last edited by busymom81; 04-20-2022 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-20-2022, 09:48 AM

182 posts, read 225,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
I went to drop my deposit off today and signed my lease (via electronically). You get to choose your move in day - Mon - Fridays. Can’t wait to pick up my keys soon!
theres a deposit?

Old 04-20-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
theres a deposit?
Yes, first month rent and a security deposit is typically required for most apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery