Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 04:26 PM

182 posts, read 223,528 times

Advertisements

That makes sense! ill definitely be looking it up. my log # is 9,9xx so idk how I got so lucky to even be asked for docs I will continue in the process and keep my fingers and toes crossed and all my prayers focused on this. It's for me and my little boys so we shall see what happens next :-D

@LexyStarr I would still go through it. it seems like the high Ami's are getting different apartments anyway. You have to do what's best for you. If you dont take it someone else will and it'll be your same AMI for that one anyway.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 06:23 PM

2,044 posts, read 1,659,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
Great info thank you! Honestly I've never heard of community board before so wasn't sure if it went by zip or county area or the like. Ill be looking into it just so I know what all it entails.
I am pretty sure CB boundaries never cross Borough boundaries. And, this can be frustrating, CB call themselves CB 5, but there is a CB 5 for Bronx and a different CB for Manhattan and so on. So, sometimes add “10” for Manhattan so Manhattan CB 5 is also CB 105.

Anyhow, don’t over think it. Just take a bit of time to learn the CB you live in, and enter lotteries with that preference.

CBs have web pages someplace and can learn about meetings discussing local things.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:04 AM

has anyone experienced the process of bringing your service animal with you? I know theyre not listed as pets and such but I cant find anything on the housing connect website about service animals besides them just being allowed under reasonable accommodations

Old 04-26-2022, 09:09 AM

290 posts, read 321,980 times
Quote:
has anyone experienced the process of bringing your service animal with you? I know theyre not listed as pets and such but I cant find anything on the housing connect website about service animals besides them just being allowed under reasonable accommodations
You’re allowed. Just need to provide necessary documents upon signing your lease and having the dog registered with the building and what not. When you get to the signing the lease part you will find where it speaks about animals and service dogs. But def allowed.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
You’re allowed. Just need to provide necessary documents upon signing your lease and having the dog registered with the building and what not. When you get to the signing the lease part you will find where it speaks about animals and service dogs. But def allowed.
Thank you!! sorry I read and never replied but I appreciate you confirming

Old 05-02-2022, 02:52 PM

@ceebvndy Happy move in week! hope it goes super smoothly!!

Last edited by busymom81; 05-02-2022 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: missed tag

Old 05-02-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
@ceebvndy Happy move in week! hope it goes super smoothly!!
Thank you so much! Received my keys today from the super who was really nice. Moved smaller items in today and moving big things in tomorrow. I’m the first tenant there lol. Literally, no one else lives there except the super and his family.

Old 05-02-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much! Received my keys today from the super who was really nice. Moved smaller items in today and moving big things in tomorrow. I’m the first tenant there lol. Literally, no one else lives there except the super and his family.
Thats so exciting!!! pretty cool to be first in

Old 05-02-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Thats so exciting!!! pretty cool to be first in
Yea, it’s pretty cool! Really quite and will get to enjoy being the only one on my floor and what not for sometime lol

Old 05-02-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Yea, it’s pretty cool! Really quite and will get to enjoy being the only one on my floor and what not for sometime lol
that has to be so nice. the Calm and quiet.

did you happen to notice the light situation? in the kitchen or rooms?

I so wish they'd posted floorplans like some of the other lottos my brain obsesses over layout ideas lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery