Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 12:02 AM

290 posts, read 320,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
that has to be so nice. the Calm and quiet.

did you happen to notice the light situation? in the kitchen or rooms?

I so wish they'd posted floorplans like some of the other lottos my brain obsesses over layout ideas lol
There’s light in the kitchen, hallway, entry way, but not in the living room or bedrooms (need a floor lamp that’s connected to the correct outlet for the switch to work) I am not sure if it’s like that for everyone apartment. The higher AMI may have lights in every room. Also, each unit has a different layout. I have a 2 bedroom and I’m in the corner so I have a L shape apartment. After the entry way I make a left and the bathroom is on the left side and the two bedrooms are on the right. There’s a long hall way and the closet is on the right side and the kitchen is on the left and behind the kitchen bar top there’s a little space for a dinning area and then to the right is the long living room. Again, each unit has a different floor layout depending on the bedroom size and I believe the AMI as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 07:56 AM

182 posts, read 222,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
There’s light in the kitchen, hallway, entry way, but not in the living room or bedrooms (need a floor lamp that’s connected to the correct outlet for the switch to work) I am not sure if it’s like that for everyone apartment. The higher AMI may have lights in every room. Also, each unit has a different layout. I have a 2 bedroom and I’m in the corner so I have a L shape apartment. After the entry way I make a left and the bathroom is on the left side and the two bedrooms are on the right. There’s a long hall way and the closet is on the right side and the kitchen is on the left and behind the kitchen bar top there’s a little space for a dinning area and then to the right is the long living room. Again, each unit has a different floor layout depending on the bedroom size and I believe the AMI as well.
thank you for the light update! Just to be prepared ill be adding lamps to my amazon list lol

Your apartment sounds great! I think we are in the same AMI so maybe will get something similar. Really crossing my fingers for a 3bdrm but a 2 would be just as nice. I drove by the building the other day just to look hehe

Did you find out about if youre going to be able to put up the temporary removable wallpaper?

Old 05-03-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
thank you for the light update! Just to be prepared ill be adding lamps to my amazon list lol

Your apartment sounds great! I think we are in the same AMI so maybe will get something similar. Really crossing my fingers for a 3bdrm but a 2 would be just as nice. I drove by the building the other day just to look hehe

Did you find out about if youre going to be able to put up the temporary removable wallpaper?
Yes! I’m 50% AMI just me and my unborn son. Yes! I will be doing the stick and peel wall paper so I am happy about that. Where are you during this process? Did you submit docs?

Old 05-03-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yes! I’m 50% AMI just me and my unborn son. Yes! I will be doing the stick and peel wall paper so I am happy about that. Where are you during this process? Did you submit docs?
Congratulations!!! Boys are so great but im slightly biased with two of my own.

yay! I was hoping you'd get the ok for that it didn't seem like a big deal but you know how they can be

I got notification asking for docs April 18th. I submitted everything April 19th (I was prepared lol) and now its just under review. im hoping since the building is ready it'll move quick. fingers crossed for some time in June. Im 50% AMI too really hoping for a 3bd

Old 05-03-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!!! Boys are so great but im slightly biased with two of my own.

yay! I was hoping you'd get the ok for that it didn't seem like a big deal but you know how they can be

I got notification asking for docs April 18th. I submitted everything April 19th (I was prepared lol) and now its just under review. im hoping since the building is ready it'll move quick. fingers crossed for some time in June. Im 50% AMI too really hoping for a 3bd
Yes! I hope you get that 3BD. It took me 3 months so hopefully it’ll be a quicker turn around for you since the building is now ready for move in. I feel confident that you will be moving in very soon!!

Old 05-04-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Yes! I hope you get that 3BD. It took me 3 months so hopefully it’ll be a quicker turn around for you since the building is now ready for move in. I feel confident that you will be moving in very soon!!
You're so very sweet! Thank you! I will be stalking the site until I get a notification lol

Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
You're so very sweet! Thank you! I will be stalking the site until I get a notification lol
Sending well wishes. Keep us all updated!!

Old 05-04-2022, 09:41 AM

168 posts, read 195,151 times
@ceebvndy Congrats again and thank you for sharing your journey. I was wondering if they are still up to the lower Ami's? (not sure if you know). The building has so many units, so i'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I fall into 2 Ami 70% and 110% i also have CB pref but a really high log # :-(. I'm not sure if they are up to the general population. This has been a long journey of the unknown. Thank You

Old 05-04-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
@ceebvndy Congrats again and thank you for sharing your journey. I was wondering if they are still up to the lower Ami's? (not sure if you know). The building has so many units, so i'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I fall into 2 Ami 70% and 110% i also have CB pref but a really high log # :-(. I'm not sure if they are up to the general population. This has been a long journey of the unknown. Thank You
Hi, thank you! I’m so sorry but I have no idea what they are up to or how the process is going. Like I’ve mentioned so far I’m the only tenant in this building so far besides the super. I think someone will be moving in soon but as far as that - I have no clue my friend

Don’t lose hope! You’ll be called soon!

Old 05-04-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Sending well wishes. Keep us all updated!!
Will do!!

question...Did you have to physically go in for an interview? was there actually an interview or is it them just asking for these docs, reviewing them and then approve or reject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery