Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 04:18 PM

64 posts, read 81,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpkim View Post
I actually just reach out to them through pronto housing, the platform where I submitted my docs, because they have a live chat option so I can quickly speak to somebody, usually my agent or someone on their team. Funnily enough they said my app was put on hold while they process lower log numbers, so I too am curious as to where they are up to!

And yes, fingers crossed we will soon be neighbors!!
I thought my application was submitted to HPD but turns out they're waiting for my turn as they're processing lower logs first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 06:56 PM

30 posts, read 32,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choco89 View Post
I thought my application was submitted to HPD but turns out they're waiting for my turn as they're processing lower logs first.
That sounds similar to what they told me a few weeks ago. I followed up with them today and they said my application has been sent to HPD and they're waiting for my approval - fingers crossed the next step is getting closer!

Old 04-05-2023, 10:26 AM

171 posts, read 196,230 times
Hi Asvpkim, if you don't mind telling on your pronto house profile does in say "in process" or "Started"? Mines was saying in process since i submitted my docs now it says started with the actual building next to it. Of course I'm still confused lol. Does that mean they are just getting to me or what (no idea). When i reached out the week before last i was told 2 different things. I was told that i was approved and a unit # was assigned to me from what the agent could see on my housing connect profile. I called again and spoke to someone else and was told its still under review still smh. My housing connect profile says "review completed" since 2/1. I know we have high log numbers but I'm just anxious and confused at this point.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Hi Asvpkim, if you don't mind telling on your pronto house profile does in say "in process" or "Started"? Mines was saying in process since i submitted my docs now it says started with the actual building next to it. Of course I'm still confused lol. Does that mean they are just getting to me or what (no idea). When i reached out the week before last i was told 2 different things. I was told that i was approved and a unit # was assigned to me from what the agent could see on my housing connect profile. I called again and spoke to someone else and was told its still under review still smh. My housing connect profile says "review completed" since 2/1. I know we have high log numbers but I'm just anxious and confused at this point.
hey! It said "in progress" up until I checked yesterday and noticed it said "started" also with the building address next to it. Honestly not sure if that means something but hopefully it's a next step lol. Wow I'm shocked it says "review completed" for you for two months now!! I have seen all over this forum that that's typically good news and a sign of approval. Very confusing that they are saying conflicting things, sorry you have to go through that I have been asking them for updates but just got told that my app is under review. Hopefully they are getting to us and we'll hear back soon!!

Old 04-05-2023, 11:28 AM

171 posts, read 196,230 times
Quote:
hey! It said "in progress" up until I checked yesterday and noticed it said "started" also with the building address next to it. Honestly not sure if that means something but hopefully it's a next step lol. Wow I'm shocked it says "review completed" for you for two months now!! I have seen all over this forum that that's typically good news and a sign of approval. Very confusing that they are saying conflicting things, sorry you have to go through that I have been asking them for updates but just got told that my app is under review. Hopefully they are getting to us and we'll hear back soon!!
Ok and that's what I'm hoping as well . I check all 4 forums everyday looking for updates (HC, Pronto, Email & CD) Lol. Imagine how i felt when i seen the status change, i was overjoyed and thought it was a automatic approval. I even started a thread on here just to confirm and everyone said "PACK YOUR BAGS" smh Lol. Its extremely confusing and I'm just praying i get a unit at the end (Fingers Crossed).

Thank you for the reply and I'm praying all goes well with you

Old 04-06-2023, 08:04 AM

31 posts, read 34,602 times
Omg mines say started and it also has the building number. Did anyone go to the open house ?

Old 04-07-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana28 View Post
Omg mines say started and it also has the building number. Did anyone go to the open house ?
i did, the 2 bedrooms were kinda cramped, the 1br looked most worth it with the square footage and they didnt show us the 3 bedrooms. said there were no model 3 bedrooms to show us

Old 04-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Ooh there was an open house? When was it and how did you guys hear about it? I would have gone if I had known lol!

Old 04-07-2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Ooh there was an open house? When was it and how did you guys hear about it? I would have gone if I had known lol!
they emailed us and told us to rsvp and then we just showed up at the lobby

also the entryway and lobby area looked like a school or office building
the door style and bright white? colored tiles and i think light grey-ish walls
it didn't look very residential to me which was a little odd but oh well

Old 04-07-2023, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco89 View Post
they emailed us and told us to rsvp and then we just showed up at the lobby

also the entryway and lobby area looked like a school or office building
the door style and bright white? colored tiles and i think light grey-ish walls
it didn't look very residential to me which was a little odd but oh well
Which email reached out to you? I'm surprised I didn't get anything from them
And yeah I have seen the entryway from the outside and now that you mention it I agree lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery