Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 08:31 PM

25 posts, read 28,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl111 View Post
Omg you are the best. You"re so imformative with alot of knowledge. Very helpful must I say, thank so much for all the information. Do you know if they started calling people yet or when? Also, do they contact people with preferences first?

Good luck to you too
Hi do you know if this lottery is still going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Be sure to enter this lottery that ends on January 4
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2447

Enter anything with a community board preference if you are in that community board. Even if it seems not totally the right fit for you. You can always turn it down if you get an offer you don’t like.

I have no way of knowing if they called people yet or when they might, unless I read it here. I suspect they contact people with preferences first ahead of other log#s. Any how, they do it on their schedule, they might be in a hurry or they might be busy with other things.
Hi do you know if this lottery is still going on?

Old 07-17-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalapt View Post
Log 3,### with CB- got contacted today to submit documents!!! This is my first lottery- feel very lucky. Does anyone have advice for submitting documents- I have a few income sources plus was on pandemic unemployment. Has anyone used family contribution for income before?
Hi do you know if the lottery is still going on

Old 07-17-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souki View Post
I am log 15xxx and i got a request to submit documents, does that means that I got selected??
Is this lottery still going on

Old 07-18-2022, 01:44 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
There's no need to quote each individual poster to ask the same question. Everyone will see your question regardless.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-18-2022, 01:59 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's no need to quote each individual poster to ask the same question. Everyone will see your question regardless.
Is this lottery still going on?

Just kidding. I don't think so unless it's a re-rental

Old 07-27-2022, 05:18 AM

15 posts, read 11,836 times
I was asked to submit documents! Wondering if anyone has had any luck on submitting documents/what the process has been like for you? I moved last year so I have a couple different sources for rent payments. Also, I recently got a new job. Will they honor my salary from when I applied to the apartment or will it be my current salary?

Old 07-27-2022, 07:21 AM

65 posts, read 68,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcanner View Post
I was asked to submit documents! Wondering if anyone has had any luck on submitting documents/what the process has been like for you? I moved last year so I have a couple different sources for rent payments. Also, I recently got a new job. Will they honor my salary from when I applied to the apartment or will it be my current salary?
They will take your last 6 paystubs as a projection of your annual income. Having different sources of rent payment shouldn't be an issue, as long as it was all paid. What's your log?

Old 07-27-2022, 07:55 AM

17 posts, read 14,710 times
Default Question

Good morning All,

Based on you’re experience, If you’re contacted for a unit and it turns out to be a studio typically how long do you guys think it will take to be pulled off the waiting list for a 1bedroom ? Do people usually leave after a few weeks or so ? This is my first time going through the process and I didn’t really want a studio but I’m going to have to take it. I was looking at a forum for that project and most of the people are stating that they’re not going to accept it because they’re taking a bunch of supportive housing folks and it will be similar to a shelter (The Kira Apartments). Any information that can be provided will be extremely helpful!

Old 07-27-2022, 02:43 PM

11 posts, read 11,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjones11221 View Post
Good morning All,

Based on you’re experience, If you’re contacted for a unit and it turns out to be a studio typically how long do you guys think it will take to be pulled off the waiting list for a 1bedroom ? Do people usually leave after a few weeks or so ? This is my first time going through the process and I didn’t really want a studio but I’m going to have to take it. I was looking at a forum for that project and most of the people are stating that they’re not going to accept it because they’re taking a bunch of supportive housing folks and it will be similar to a shelter (The Kira Apartments). Any information that can be provided will be extremely helpful!
If you look at the studios in this building they're pretty large. I would take it. I came up in a lottery for another building with many more units where I was eligible for both studio and 1 bedroom. I was offered a studio (these were smaller and in a less desirable neighborhood and building), I declined and decided to wait for a 1 bedroom. The next time I was contacted was 1 year later for a 2 bedroom, which I was not eligible for, and then another 2 years later for another studio though at this point my income changed and I was no longer eligible based on that.

I'm sure each lottery is a bit different though, but hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery