Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2021, 03:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,792 times

Advertisements

They ask to send your log # and name to them to help expedite the process. Has anyone worked with them before? What was the experience like?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 03:15 PM

26 posts, read 20,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacaflash7 View Post
They ask to send your log # and name to them to help expedite the process. Has anyone worked with them before? What was the experience like?
It might work. Brittany is super nice. She's most likely who responded on instagram. I messaged her once and she showed me a place granted I think I already was asked to submit documents.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:21 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
I'm willing to be corrected, but I'm very skeptical of this company. There is no one who can ”expedite” the process for you, and that they need your name and log # tells me that they aren't the legit channel for leasing whatever building it is.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:06 PM

164 posts, read 194,925 times
I think it depends on what ‘expedite the process’ means here. If it’s answering questions about your application, the yeah they will need this information to track it in the system. However that’s purely administrative and not something that should forward the overall process along any faster.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:47 AM

26 posts, read 20,843 times
I would definitely DM them. The process may not be fully expedite but you could view the apartment quicker. It has happened to me.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:49 AM

294 posts, read 278,630 times
Hey,

So to answer the question posed...
No, I am not asking you to send in your log number to expedite the process. I am more or less asking to increase participation. I know most people on this forum are familiar with how the lottery process works but there is a large population out there that doesn't even understand the importance of their log number. (Or where to find it)

My goal is to keep people engaged, answer any questions etc.

-Brittany
Rental Coordinator, iAffordNY

Old 11-20-2021, 12:40 PM

4,797 posts, read 6,631,749 times
So how does your company work? You contact people who entered a lottery and have a log number. How do you increase participation, if they already entered? Do you mean, you contact people and encourgage them to continue with the process if contacted?

Are you a marketing agency? Thank you!

Old 11-20-2021, 01:53 PM

89 posts, read 97,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
So how does your company work? You contact people who entered a lottery and have a log number. How do you increase participation, if they already entered? Do you mean, you contact people and encourgage them to continue with the process if contacted?

Are you a marketing agency? Thank you!
They're clearly a marketing agency for lottery apartments why else would they be listed on Housing Connect as the agency for SEVERAL of the lottery buildings if they weren't? Look at their website even. Sometimes y'all on the forum be doing the absolute most.

She asks for log numbers to help people who actually applied get more information about the buildings. She shares tours on Instagram so you can literally see what the apartments look like. There are some buildings she's shared on IG that I wouldn't have even considered applying to until she shared it. When I gave her my log number for 1Boerum on Instagram that's how I got the floor plans and found out when they were going to start reaching out to folks for submitting documents. She's even shared where in line they are with the log numbers for certain buildings so people like us can keep track. Nothing more, nothing less. Even the person who said they got to see an apartment after sending her a log number didn't say they got the apartment, did they?

Look at how some ppl are withdrawing left and right on different lottery apartments because of small apartments, location, etc especially in the higher AMIs. It's the marketing agency's job to get people to take those apartments as they're working with the building's management/developers and city hence why you'll see her show re-rentals on their Instagram as well. I feel like folks feel so entitled to these apartments that there's always this underlying "they're gonna cheat me in some way" because of some other agency's not processing them or they're getting high logs.

P.S. none of this is directed to the OP who had a legitimate question.

Last edited by d826; 11-20-2021 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: added note

Old 11-20-2021, 04:55 PM

79 posts, read 77,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d826 View Post
They're clearly a marketing agency for lottery apartments why else would they be listed on Housing Connect as the agency for SEVERAL of the lottery buildings if they weren't? Look at their website even. Sometimes y'all on the forum be doing the absolute most.

She asks for log numbers to help people who actually applied get more information about the buildings. She shares tours on Instagram so you can literally see what the apartments look like. There are some buildings she's shared on IG that I wouldn't have even considered applying to until she shared it. When I gave her my log number for 1Boerum on Instagram that's how I got the floor plans and found out when they were going to start reaching out to folks for submitting documents. She's even shared where in line they are with the log numbers for certain buildings so people like us can keep track. Nothing more, nothing less. Even the person who said they got to see an apartment after sending her a log number didn't say they got the apartment, did they?

Look at how some ppl are withdrawing left and right on different lottery apartments because of small apartments, location, etc especially in the higher AMIs. It's the marketing agency's job to get people to take those apartments as they're working with the building's management/developers and city hence why you'll see her show re-rentals on their Instagram as well. I feel like folks feel so entitled to these apartments that there's always this underlying "they're gonna cheat me in some way" because of some other agency's not processing them or they're getting high logs.

P.S. none of this is directed to the OP who had a legitimate question.
I couldn’t have said it any better. I appreciate this response.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:12 PM

11 posts, read 8,999 times
I’ve worked with them before and the process was very frustrating. I didn’t feel like I had a chance to begin with. Both my notifications(for documents needed) were received on the same day. Both the first and second notice. They both were mailed out at the same time with different dates. When I let them know, it almost was like I did something wrong. In the end the person who viewed the apartment before me took the apartment. It was really a waste of my time.

And just to add clarity the stamps from the post office had the same date. That’s how I know they were mailed the same day. Giving me little to no chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery