Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2022, 08:08 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,397,082 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering the same. I applied to a place back in October of last year and still waiting for the log numbers to be posted.

I think your CB preference log # is pretty good. I had CB for a building my log # was 50,XXX and I was contacted to provide documents.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 08:27 AM

101 posts, read 116,413 times
wow, from October to now, that seems like a long time for log numbers to come out!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynT View Post
wow, from October to now, that seems like a long time for log numbers to come out!
Yeah for 302 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10009. I know there's a thread about it on the forum. It ended back in December and still no log #s

Old 03-23-2022, 06:25 PM

168 posts, read 195,196 times
Hi Gilmoregal,

I was reading through the thread and i seen you were contacted with a log# 50,xxx with CB pref. My log number is 49,xxx and i have CB pref for the building i applied for. Seeing your message gives me hope that i will possibly get called. I was surprised my log# was so high because i applied as soon as the building was posted. I learned through this process that it doesn't matter when you apply the numbers are random. I hope my pref gets me the email i've been waiting for. Praying you get a good log # and called for the building you want. Blessings

Old 03-23-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Hi Gilmoregal,

I was reading through the thread and i seen you were contacted with a log# 50,xxx with CB pref. My log number is 49,xxx and i have CB pref for the building i applied for. Seeing your message gives me hope that i will possibly get called. I was surprised my log# was so high because i applied as soon as the building was posted. I learned through this process that it doesn't matter when you apply the numbers are random. I hope my pref gets me the email i've been waiting for. Praying you get a good log # and called for the building you want. Blessings
Hey! Yes best of luck!! I also thought that applying as soon as they came out gave you a higher log number until I started reading a few threads here and learned it was random. Fingers crossed for you!

Old 03-24-2022, 07:37 AM

168 posts, read 195,196 times
Thank You. If don't mind, how long did it take for them to contact you after applying? Did you opt out of that building? I've heard stories of ppl getting called with high log#s and prefs. The building i'm hoping for i fall into 3 AMIs so i'm just trying to stay positive.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Thank You. If don't mind, how long did it take for them to contact you after applying? Did you opt out of that building? I've heard stories of ppl getting called with high log#s and prefs. The building i'm hoping for i fall into 3 AMIs so i'm just trying to stay positive.
I applied back on 8/25/2021. I was contacted 12/2021 to provide documents

(also I gotta say I was super excited that I was contacted but the woman I spoke to was discouraging. Because my number was 50,XXX she told me to not get my hopes high that there were 50k ppl in front of me and that she most likely wouldn't get to me until Feb 2022 that I shouldn't provide any docs until then. that I was only contacted because of my CB preference. that's when I found this forum and realized I should still provide my docs regardless and as early as possible)

I provided my documents late Feb 2022. Was contacted about two weeks ago to provide more and sign some paper work. I haven't heard back since.

Old 08-01-2022, 08:05 AM

Any Lottery Winners with Log #'s between 1-40? I'm curious

Old 08-01-2022, 12:38 PM

53 posts, read 35,334 times
I have a single digit number and am still waiting to be called. The lack of transparency is killing me.

Old 08-01-2022, 05:38 PM

333 posts, read 255,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiBoogieDownBx View Post
From what my housing ambassador told me any LOG number under 3000 is a good Log number. I truly believe this isn’t a “lottery” I believe there’s a algorithm in place on the HC2 website that breaks everyone who applied into groups. Those groups get broken down into more categories based on income, preferences and household. Low Log numbers are great but honestly anyone can get called depending on the three I stated above. I don’t believe these “lotteries” are by chance it comes down to the numbers literally. Good Luck and have documents ready to submit immediately. Every second counts when your dealing with these Marketing Agents.
How would one get a housing ambassador and what can they help with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery