Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 12:07 PM

111 posts, read 103,114 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anyone know:

What kinds of questions are asked during the interview?
Do all occupants have to be at the interview?
What are they looking for?
Is the interview with the managing agent or the board or both?

Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 03:24 PM

290 posts, read 279,797 times
Yes, also does anyone know what happens when one receives an interview letter with an impossible-to-attend date. My friend has been calling the office on a daily basis to reschedule but it goes to voice mail and no one returns the call.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:12 PM

18 posts, read 18,982 times
All occupants 18and over must be present at interview. Have to bring money orders for each adult that’s going to live in the unit.
They are basically just looking for income/household eligibility. I guess also to get a sense of the type of tenant that you will be. If you’re going to cause trouble for the complex or neighbors. My interview was with site manager. I’ve heard that sometimes board members may be present.

Maybe I should post my recent experience ..

Old 12-09-2021, 12:48 PM

I'd like to know!

Is it just a meet & greet, or do they really ask probing questions like a job interview.
Can they really turn you down if they don't like your answers, when you meet all the hpd qualifications?
What can they NOT ask?

Old 12-09-2021, 01:06 PM

Hi. More meet and greet. Interviews are when you bring your proof of qualification .. paystubs/w2/ids. Etc.

Doesn’t go in depth like a job interview. They are trying to ascertain that you are gainfully employed and will pay rent timely. They also want to gage that you’re not going to be a nightmare tenant. Treat it like an interview though, dress neatly and be polite even if the interviewer is not. Don’t offer more information than asked unless it’s to clarify a point or question they have. Have your list of questions ready if you have any. Keep your documents orderly. Account for all the random deposits in your bank accounts. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Hope this helps.

Are you scheduled for an interview?

Old 12-09-2021, 01:44 PM

Thanks.
Not schedule for an interview, but just so excited to finally be on a waitlist.

How far back do they want bank statements? Do they comb through every transaction?
Did they ask for credit card statements?

Old 12-09-2021, 02:47 PM

6 months worth of bank statements. Didn’t request credit card statement. Didn’t comb through mine, mine were straight forward. I never get Venmo or PayPal or any deposits other paycheck.

Good luck on the waitlist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery