Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 05:53 PM

9 posts, read 7,976 times

Advertisements

Anybody not CB get a call yet. I’m 8xx, no call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryantl120 View Post
Hi again! So many questions lol

I’m a bit confused on the income from assets part. I have a money market account (extremely small, not worried about that), and a pension plan. My pension was vested after 3 years and it’s $7,000 in it. Is that pension considered income? If so, how is that calculated? I’m sure I’m still within the income limit but just to clarify if it counts or not…
I wish you good luck and short waits.

Don’t tie yourself into knots. Do a good job. They are going to do the math and decide what you qualify for. Don’t disqualify yourself. You are allowed to appeal their decision.

Unless your are taking payments from the pension I suspect it does not effect income. But they might want to know about it as an assset.

See Table of Contents for Income. Assets on p52 and after.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Income Guide
https://www.nychdc.com/sites/default...me%20Guide.pdf

Old 05-13-2022, 05:09 AM

834 posts, read 788,489 times
Income Guide
https://www.nychdc.com/sites/default...me%20Guide.pdf

Thank you for this income guide @WildAboutHarry! Answered many of my questions.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:43 AM

10 posts, read 11,785 times
Default 266 kent

Hi,

I got a congratulations email and submitted all my paperwork and completed an application. I was told from taxsolute that they are trying to set up a showing this week or next. Does this mean I've passed the background and once I see the apartment, if I like it, I can sign the lease?

Old 05-13-2022, 08:58 AM

17 posts, read 18,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaan reynolds View Post
Hi,

I got a congratulations email and submitted all my paperwork and completed an application. I was told from taxsolute that they are trying to set up a showing this week or next. Does this mean I've passed the background and once I see the apartment, if I like it, I can sign the lease?
You will still need to get approved by HPD. I’m also waiting for their showing arrangement too…might follow up next week. Btw just curious what log# are you? And are you CB? I’m 19x with no CB

Old 05-13-2022, 09:29 AM

Would they arrange a showing before it is approved by HPD, or do they wait for the approval first? I fall within the range for the income requirements so I'm just wondering how good my chances are right now or if it's still up in the air based on maybe other factors? I'm trying to curb my excitement.

Also, does Taxsolute manage the approval process? They didn't give me a lot of concrete answers.

I'm CB and my log was 10XX

Old 05-13-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazed_corgi View Post
Congrats!!! I wonder if you have viewed the units yet? Management told me they would arrange a viewing but haven't heard from them since...
They mentioned to me on Wednesday they were still looking to find someone to do the showings. Hopefully they find someone soon.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:33 AM

17 posts, read 18,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaan reynolds View Post
Would they arrange a showing before it is approved by HPD, or do they wait for the approval first? I fall within the range for the income requirements so I'm just wondering how good my chances are right now or if it's still up in the air based on maybe other factors? I'm trying to curb my excitement.

Also, does Taxsolute manage the approval process? They didn't give me a lot of concrete answers.

I'm CB and my log was 10XX
From what I’ve been reading I think either could happen, not sure about this lottery though. Another girl I talked to has viewed units before being approved by HPD.

They submitted my documents to HPD on Tuesday evening, still waiting for a result. Fingercrossed….

Old 05-13-2022, 12:01 PM

65 posts, read 68,488 times
Disappointing that even after having all that extra time from extending the lottery they don't have set up unit viewings and also messed up reaching out to set aside units

Old 05-14-2022, 04:45 PM

12 posts, read 13,469 times
Just looked at my log 8xx hope to be called no cb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery