Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 02:10 PM

16 posts, read 19,430 times

Advertisements

45k no CB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 02:13 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,402,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry. I was hopeful on this one, too, because I got super high logs with a few other buildings I really wanted and I hoped the universe would do me a solid. Sigh. I guess I am pinning all my hopes on SVEN, now. This whole process is such a rollercoaster!
It is! what's your log# for that one? I hope it works out! mine for 40 Oak is 3K. Im praying since 50 units are avail in my AMI I at least get to submit docs

Old 05-05-2022, 02:13 PM

175 posts, read 177,128 times
48k with CB but that won’t help.

The buildings that I have CB for, the numbers are so high! Looks like my best chance is Sven lol

Old 05-05-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaNYC View Post
58XX... how can you tell if you have CB preference or not?

I currently live in the CB but was wondering if there is a certain note or something where it says CB preference or is it just assumed I have it since I currently live here?

Thanks!
No note, they will just request documents sooner

Old 05-05-2022, 02:18 PM

42 posts, read 43,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
No note, they will just request documents sooner
thanks for answering this! sorry i am so new to this whole lottery process that i don't know much and have so many questions..

so even though my log number is 5k but have CB, does that mean i might be contacted sooner than someone who has a lower log number than me but no CB preference?? if i am understanding that correctly??

Old 05-05-2022, 02:19 PM

453 posts, read 499,061 times
Quote:
It is! what's your log# for that one? I hope it works out! mine for 40 Oak is 3K. Im praying since 50 units are avail in my AMI I at least get to submit docs
Thank you. I have number 11XX for SVEN and around 45 2-beds in my AMI, iirc. Unfortunately that was way down my preference list under Brooklyn Crossing, Willoughby, Kent, Bell and Rise, but I got high numbers for all of the others. I am also interested in Astoria West but the numbers won't be out for another month for that one.

I think you have a great chance with 3k and 50 units! Might take them a few months but I bet they will get to you!

Old 05-05-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Thank you. I have number 11XX for SVEN and around 45 2-beds in my AMI, iirc. Unfortunately that was way down my preference list under Brooklyn Crossing, Willoughby, Kent, Bell and Rise, but I got high numbers for all of the others. I am also interested in Astoria West but the numbers won't be out for another month for that one.

I think you have a great chance with 3k and 50 units! Might take them a few months but I bet they will get to you!
That's a good number! ugh same Bell was high on my list tbh 40 Oak was low on my list lol. Thanks! I'm also keeping an eye out for re-rentals. Lots of ppl are getting called for those lately so making sure all my notifications are on

Old 05-05-2022, 02:26 PM

453 posts, read 499,061 times
Quote:
That's a good number! ugh same Bell was high on my list tbh 40 Oak was low on my list lol. Thanks! I'm also keeping an eye out for re-rentals. Lots of ppl are getting called for those lately so making sure all my notifications are on
Good idea! I think the competition is much lower for those. Fingers (and toes) crossed!

Old 05-05-2022, 02:26 PM

175 posts, read 177,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaNYC View Post
thanks for answering this! sorry i am so new to this whole lottery process that i don't know much and have so many questions..

so even though my log number is 5k but have CB, does that mean i might be contacted sooner than someone who has a lower log number than me but no CB preference?? if i am understanding that correctly??
Yes correct! With that log plus CB, you have a fair chance!! Good luck to you!

Old 05-05-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
Yes correct! With that log plus CB, you have a fair chance!! Good luck to you!
Yup! I've had a log number of 50K with CB and was contacted for documents. Its a step in the right direction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery