Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 10:45 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,750,988 times

Advertisements

”True thanks to 2019 rent laws they cannot gut renovate and get rate up to over $2k per month and or hopefully out of rent regulation, but by renting unit again they are stuck with another rent regulated tenant paying low rent.”

And...thus get no rent at all? A short-sighted game.

No punitive damages for breach of contract, amateur lawyers, please.

Still, ”friend” is risking her own current RS apartment lease. Not worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 11:19 AM

7 posts, read 6,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
”True thanks to 2019 rent laws they cannot gut renovate and get rate up to over $2k per month and or hopefully out of rent regulation, but by renting unit again they are stuck with another rent regulated tenant paying low rent.”

she CAN be held liable for damages. A lease is a contract duhhh and if u breach it in anyway you can be held liable duhhh. The LL can sue for rent owed and can sue for breaking the agreement..u know the legally binding contract that was signed by both parties..duhhh. You have 2300+ posts find something to do weirdo

Old 01-04-2022, 02:45 PM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
Quote:

And what of it? You do realize there are scores of below (sometimes well) market rate rent regulated units landlords warehouse. It went on in 1980's and 1990's until laws were changed to allow LLs ways to get low rents up to near or above market, and or out of rent regulation.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:10 PM

"A lease is a contract duhhh and if u breach it in anyway you can be held liable duhhh. The LL can sue for rent owed and can sue for breaking the agreement."

That's not punitive damages. As you would know if you had gone to law school like, say, me.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
"A lease is a contract duhhh and if u breach it in anyway you can be held liable duhhh. The LL can sue for rent owed and can sue for breaking the agreement."

That's not punitive damages. As you would know if you had gone to law school like, say, me.
I said I was a lawyer or went to law school?? YOU implied that..weirdo

Old 01-06-2022, 09:16 AM

77 posts, read 81,112 times
OMG can't be more Happy. Great New Year for me and my kids. After many years applying I got approved for a 2bd/2b.
Soon signing lease and move in process.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:56 AM

NYCBaby, you're wrong about punitive damages and therefore putting bad information out there for people. Just accept it and get on with your life.

Happy news, LaborI75!

Old 01-06-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABORI75 View Post
OMG can't be more Happy. Great New Year for me and my kids. After many years applying I got approved for a 2bd/2b.
Soon signing lease and move in process.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That's an awesome way to start the new year!! Would you mind briefly sharing the process after you submitted your documents?

Old 01-06-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
NYCBaby, you're wrong about punitive damages and therefore putting bad information out there for people. Just accept it and get on with your life.

Happy news, LaborI75!
OMGGGGG leave it alone!!!!! I said what I said let it go!!!!! They can sue for damages is the point! I'm not a lawyer so oh well if i misspoke but everything else I said was accurate!! You are miserable asf to be this pressed over ONE word out of my whole statement. Find your life and move on from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery