Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 02:08 AM

51 posts, read 54,239 times

Advertisements

Hey would you guys mind sharing your appeal process with me I was denied for failure to submit documents by deadline date. I submitted all the documents that they asked me to submit they tried to say I didn’t submit everything that they asked me to submit it’s been now over a week since I contacted the building development. when they denied me they sent me an email and I sent all my documents back with an explanation of everything I sent over . I still haven’t heard anything back it’s been over a week now ,who else can I call and get in contact with? I don’t want to seem annoying to them but I’m ready to reach out once again and see. It’s so frustrating this is the third building I’m dealing with off of housing connect. I also have a voucher I covered the full cost of the rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 07:11 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Appeals page 33, Complaints page 34
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Contact your City Councilor and/or Assembly person and State Senator. It might be useful to know in whose districts the particular building is in.

And,

“ How do I contact NYC Housing Connect?

Do you have a question or feedback for us? Please send a message to nychousingconnect@hpd.nyc.gov. Your comments will assist us in improving the site.

We value your feedback, and we do our best to answer questions in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to all messages.

You may also call our applicant hotline at 212-863-7990. We answer calls from 9am to 5pm on weekdays, and respond to voicemails left at other times. ”

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:16 AM

60 posts, read 52,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess718 View Post
Hey would you guys mind sharing your appeal process with me I was denied for failure to submit documents by deadline date. I submitted all the documents that they asked me to submit they tried to say I didn’t submit everything that they asked me to submit it’s been now over a week since I contacted the building development. when they denied me they sent me an email and I sent all my documents back with an explanation of everything I sent over . I still haven’t heard anything back it’s been over a week now ,who else can I call and get in contact with? I don’t want to seem annoying to them but I’m ready to reach out once again and see. It’s so frustrating this is the third building I’m dealing with off of housing connect. I also have a voucher I covered the full cost of the rent
They have 10 days to respond which I assume is business days. So if its past that I would reach out to HPD. Do you happen to know which agency that's handling your case?

Old 01-20-2022, 11:12 AM

91 posts, read 76,657 times
Girl I’m currently going through an appeal process myself and I can tell you it’s a whole lot of BullShiggity. HPD and these Marketing Agents don’t know what they are doing sometimes and all I can say is it’s a process. Next time you file an appeal try to have all your evidence and proof of what you have been doing with them. I’m also going to post a link in here on how to submit an appeal and will also leave you with HPD Marketing Phone line so you can talk with them directly over the phone.

(212) 863-7990

https://www.sample-resignation-lette...th-sample.html

Good Luck with these Goofy Goobers and have a lot of patience. I have a voucher too and they are going to try to deny you at every turn stray informed on your voucher and your rights as a tenant and read HPD Marketing Handbook like it’s bible boo. The more you stay informed and advocate for yourself the less leeway they have to try and reject you.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
They have 10 days to respond which I assume is business days. So if its past that I would reach out to HPD. Do you happen to know which agency that's handling your case?
It’s definitely been more than 10days . That’s my whole thing .. y’all give us a deadline to hand in documents but then they respond to me like other applicants have appealed as well and they can’t skip over those applicants. There is no time frame .. that’s unheard of , there has to be some type of time frame like applying to any building . You should find out right away if you been approved or not . For it to take almost two weeks and more to find out . Realistically nobody is going to wait for any apartment that long .. I’m in the process of looking for other places as well . So I would like to know what’s my steps as far as this place goes

Old 01-21-2022, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiBoogieDownBx View Post
Girl I’m currently going through an appeal process myself and I can tell you it’s a whole lot of BullShiggity. HPD and these Marketing Agents don’t know what they are doing sometimes and all I can say is it’s a process. Next time you file an appeal try to have all your evidence and proof of what you have been doing with them. I’m also going to post a link in here on how to submit an appeal and will also leave you with HPD Marketing Phone line so you can talk with them directly over the phone.

(212) 863-7990

https://www.sample-resignation-lette...th-sample.html

Good Luck with these Goofy Goobers and have a lot of patience. I have a voucher too and they are going to try to deny you at every turn stray informed on your voucher and your rights as a tenant and read HPD Marketing Handbook like it’s bible boo. The more you stay informed and advocate for yourself the less leeway they have to try and reject you.
Yess thanks , I’m definitely going to have to call other ppl . Above them . Because realistically it’s not making any sense at all . It’s been more than 10 days since I sent over my appeal documents. Just for them to finally write me back like oh we have to place you on a wait lists there aren’t anymore units .. because that’s exactly what’s going to happen . It shouldn’t take this long for them to let me know if my appeal has been approved or not . I want to call 311 and others but again this building can easily just tell me that they now have to place me on a wait list because they have no more units .. I want to just give up .. because housing connect plays these types of games .. a waste of time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: