Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 10:54 PM

65 posts, read 57,651 times

Advertisements

Hey neighbor! Yeah, def need cameras down there. The person showing me around mentioned the cameras in front and on the roof are hooked up to some speaker system and if the security sees people loitering or doing illegal things they'll tell them to go away, which I think would be pretty funny to see but also bizarre in like Big Brother kind of way. There is central air and yeah that back area would be great for dogs! That's actually when I asked the pet question :/ I was told yesterday by Wavecrest that the boiler isn't on/working properly or something so no one is getting keys until there can be hot water. I also haven't paid any money down yet because of this but she did say my rent will be prorated to whenever I move in. I initially said the 15th but I'm not so sure since she said she's hoping to hear back from them next week about the boiler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 1,215 times
YAY for central air!!! I can't wait to move in now. do we have a doorman or some type of security? definitely want that before moving in

Old 08-15-2022, 11:18 PM

I don't think so? I'm only remembering her pointing out the cameras, loud speaker and intercom in the apartment. And it was a regular intercom, not like a visual one or anything. I do know to get to the roof access there's a key card, so maybe we'll have keys and key cards as like our security??

Old 08-29-2022, 07:20 AM

did they update u with moving date? they said I can drop off rent n security Wednesday then get keys soon after

Old 08-29-2022, 11:02 AM

Yes, I'm in here! Moved in on Saturday! I gave the money on the 24th, got the keys on the 25th. Could've gone same day but I got lost going to and from the office in Queens -_- and the super had the keys at the building back in the Bronx. And they STILL have stuff to do in the building. They still had stuff to do in my actual unit. There's even some outlets that don't work and I brought that up to management but honestly I need to get unpacked and I don't wanna be doing that around them and us getting in each other's way.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:08 AM

Omg now I can't wait. Does the building still sound empty or are there a lot of people moving in? wow to the outlets. I had a feeling because my radiator cover was off at the showing, lobby wasn't done. I was hoping it would be fixed by move in day though. still just a beautiful building and I'm excited. CONGRATS !!! get unpacked and enjoy

Old 08-29-2022, 11:27 AM

Thank you! And yes, that was exactly it- the radiator thing. They had to saw and drill and resize and all that stuff. And it sounds completely empty in here. Still only one elevator working/turned on and I've never seen anyone else in it or in the lobby other than the super on the day I moved in. I even walked in the staircase and picked on another floor and there's still plastic in the hallways. I'm going to the laundry room later to see what it looks like again, and see if the outside area and rec room was changed at all.

I'm glad now that I moved in earlier than the first, because I'm guessing that's maybe when everyone else is moving in.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:33 PM

17 posts, read 13,646 times
Has anybody heard anything else about these apartments? I submitted documents on the 11th of August and have yet to hear back about any updates. Just curious if anyone was in the same position

Old 09-09-2022, 10:10 AM

33 posts, read 27,534 times
Was just asked to submit documents, anyone have any insight. My log is 2,2XX.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:49 AM

61 posts, read 43,683 times
My application went from applied to pending. Log number 4xxx no preferences. Not sure if it means anything though lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery