Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 07:46 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,864,297 times

Advertisements

My log was 2XX & by the time my log was reached, they only had a few studios left & in fact I got the last alcove studio! In September 2021, I asked Breaking Ground whether the tenant selection process was already completed, they said there were two studio units need to be filled & I never asked again after that. It's been eight months now so I assume those studios were already taken. I understand a forum member in here (zee69?) was contacted & her log was 5XX but she never followed through so perhaps those last two lucky winners were in log #500-ish too, the reason they never reached log #7XX?!! Just some thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
I actually inquired about Summit Phase II because I was log 7XX and never heard anything about it. Reached out to Breaking Ground and they said they no longer manage and to reach out to the property manager so I did that and they never responded. Still sad about it to this day lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 07:52 AM

175 posts, read 178,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
My log was 2XX & by the time my log was reached, they only had a few studios left & in fact I got the last alcove studio! In September 2021, I asked Breaking Ground whether the tenant selection process was already completed, they said there were two studio units need to be filled & I never asked again after that. It's been eight months now so I assume those studios were already taken. I understand a forum member in here (zee69?) was contacted & her log was 5XX but she never followed through so perhaps those last two lucky winners were in log #500-ish too, the reason they never reached log #7XX?!! Just some thoughts!
Wow that’s crazy how fast they went! I wasn’t active on HC at the time so I didn’t even know I had a “low” log for it until a few months ago lol but I figured that was the case.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:02 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,864,297 times
I also wasn't active on the HC until I got an email to submit my documents on the HC portal to see if I'm really qualified for the Summit Phase II lottery. At that time I'd moved on with my life & I even forgot my HC 2.0 password so I had to reset etc to be able to submit my paperwork, it was crazy! I didn't know my log number too until I asked BG about it as it wasn't stated anywhere in the HC 2.0 account back then. Everything was unexpected, it therefore was a HUGE surprise for me to win this housing lottery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
Wow that’s crazy how fast they went! I wasn’t active on HC at the time so I didn’t even know I had a “low” log for it until a few months ago lol but I figured that was the case.

Old 05-13-2022, 10:14 AM

271 posts, read 311,834 times
Log 17,7XX with cb.. not holding my breath

Old 05-13-2022, 10:45 AM

171 posts, read 198,149 times
Hi, Has any non cb been contacted yet? Just trying to see where we are in the process. Log # 9xx no cb but trying to stay HOPEFUL!!

Old 05-13-2022, 01:17 PM

45 posts, read 55,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Hi, Has any non cb been contacted yet? Just trying to see where we are in the process. Log # 9xx no cb but trying to stay HOPEFUL!!
Yes, I submitted my docs earlier in the week and I am no CB.

Old 05-13-2022, 02:02 PM

@ochochino - Thanks for the reply. Do you mind sharing your AMI? Wishing you the best of luck during your process.

Old 05-13-2022, 02:25 PM

45 posts, read 55,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
@ochochino - Thanks for the reply. Do you mind sharing your AMI? Wishing you the best of luck during your process.
Hi!

Yes, I'm in the 80% AMI and I'm shooting for one of the 2 bedrooms available!

Old 05-13-2022, 02:36 PM

@ochochino - Thank You and GOOD LUCK. I qualify for both studio and 1 bedroom log 9xx, i hope i have a chance for this. Fingers crossed

Old 05-13-2022, 03:12 PM

155 posts, read 171,507 times
I just wish they start reaching out to us already lmaoooooo. Im so anxious. But I know this process take months so im going to let it be lol. Atleast let us know if they received our documents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery